• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I being played? Another Ebay thread..

85 posts in this topic

This guy sounds like a knuckle head. He just sent me this through ebay:

Unfortunately I cannot do that. I just hung up with ebay and they justified my policy, as the book was mailed almost 2 weeks ago. My 7 day policy stands. I've gotten a buyer who sent me their worse copy and kept mine, that's why I limit to 7 days. It's not my fault if you didn't check your mail on a daily basis. My offer stands to give you either a 20.00 refund, or a Limited Edition VIP book worth a lot more.

I asked him for 60 bucks instead of 20. Is that BS about Ebay? I can still go through PayPal if I wanted to, correct? And also, there is no way the 7 day period starts when he mails the book out. It could take 4-5 days to even get the package (shrug)

Again, you either accpet the $20 and walk away, the issue settled or you persue full refund through Paypal(they should back you up).

are you telling us this book was missing 30 pages??? why does it matter whether the cover was attached when he didn't mention that little tidbit?

Fact of the matter is neither of these were listed in the auction. Just gave grade and scans..

I mentioned the cover being detached, and he said it was attached when he sent it which is obviously a lie

He lied. 30 pages missing???? No way I would keep that as that's just blatant deception! He should have given you the Q grade or just graded it as poor. I would file a PP dispute, return the books and hope a nicer copy shows up someday :shrug:

If it doesn't feel right, tell him the refund you want. If he doesn't agree, file a dispute with Paypal and Ebay. I don't agree with the advice that you got most of what you bargained for so just suck it up. Be willing to undo the deal completely and you'll have more leverage.

Yeah , but your a lawyer ....... :whistle:

:jokealert:

I would just move on and forget about it , and not lose anymore sleep on it , but that's just me ?

It's not like you got totally ripped off .... (shrug)

The more I think about it, the more I think I got ripped. Seller should have stated in auction that a lot of pages were missing. Claim filed. :cry: Keeping the other book tho :cool:

He went from nothing to $20 after one e-mail. I think you could get more out of him.

How far to push this, however, really depends on how much money you spent.

Why does it matter the amount of money I have? Does it cost money to file claim?

So far you didn't get what you paid for, you are not officially ripped off until you are unsuccessful getting some sort of partial refund that you agreed to or you were not able to secure full refund.

It sounds like the issue should be resolved with a refunding through Paypal, though an inconvience to have to deal with it. I'm hoping you find a complete copy! :wishluck

He went from nothing to $20 after one e-mail. I think you could get more out of him.

Why does it matter the amount of money I have? Does it cost money to file claim?

Well it depends. You asked for a little off the top to cover the missing pages and poor grading. If you spent $100 than $20 is a little off the top. If you spent $2000 then you might want to push for more compensation.

Well it depends. You asked for a little off the top to cover the missing pages and poor grading. If you spent $100 than $20 is a little off the top. If you spent $2000 then you might want to push for more compensation.

Gotcha. Mis-read it first time. It was $150, so wanted more than $20. Even though cover is in good shape, I am not going to spend over $100 on a book that is not close to complete, and have the seller not include that or other info in auction

When you fill out the Paypal claim, be aware you should be able to contest that one item only (Paypal has told me this is possible) as it seems most claims end up specifying the entire Paypal transaction amount- even if you know that is not the amount you are looking for. I say this because Papal might freeze the sellers account for the amount contested. Also, I would imagine the process would ask for you to ship the item back and provide shipping proof to receive refund once seller has the item back.

Just had that problem. I made sure to only select ONE of the 2 items listed, and requested a refund for just the 1 book. I also made a note on it that I wanted to keep the one book because it was sold to me as advertised, but the other one was not..

Gotcha. Mis-read it first time. It was $150, so wanted more than $20. Even though cover is in good shape, I am not going to spend over $100 on a book that is not close to complete, and have the seller not include that or other info in auction

Yeah, I wrote the wrong thing initially, so you probably read that, then pressed to quote and it changed it to my edit. I think instead of "money you spent," I initially wrote "money you have to spend." But things are understood now. Good luck with the claim.