• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How hard is it to cut 2 pieces of cardboard???

48 posts in this topic

I started using these a few years ago and they're excellent. I also get cardboard from a local shipper that works great and they save me the perfect size strips.

Yeah, this thread looks a bit old lol

I've been getting more and more comics shipped to me in these lately. I love reusing them.

Being able to reuse them was a big selling point for me - that and they're simple to use, fit perfectly into a legal size priority mailer, and they're solid. I've only had one complaint about a damaged package and have had zero since using these. Worth every penny. When you ship books, being lazy and/or cheap isn't the way to do it.

To many people have lost, or didn't have in the first place, the ability to think of the other person when dealing with them. They only consider what is in their own mind and that becomes their gauge of right or wrong and they lack empathy.

Spot on. There's a lot of self serving mopes out there who are lazy or greedy, and it seems the latter is the prevalent reason for their inability to be sincere or, at the very least, considerate.

I use a three foot metal ruler. I put the marks on it with a black marker for the dimensions I want. then I just draw the lines and use a straight blade utility knife. It goes pretty fast. I always keep plenty of back up cardboard in case of a run. lol

350799b4-b884-4e7f-a357-90859e488f23.jpg

I think your cardboard stash is safe. lol

I am always amazed at how much I use on a busy weekend with 20 or whatever sales. I had been using 4 sheets, but I find that I get as much rigidity using 3 inside a ups or FedEx cardboard envelope and then inside another envelope. I still use 4 depending on the book and how thick it is though.

Do it like a pro !

I've been told I sell nothing but , but my comes wrapped by a

professional comic book wrapper. Bunn Bee got nothing on me.

boston.jpg

I don't get it. Why do the majority of people I buy comics from pack like . I just recieved a book today and it is only by chance that it did not get damaged in transit. Is it so hard to cut two pieces of cardboard and sandwich the book between them. The book came from a power seller of comics and an acclaimed advisor to the OBG and should know better.

Ahhh.. I could go on but I am sure this subject has been presented here before but it is frustrating and I needed to let off some steam. crazy.gif

Who was it?

Probably Midtown Comics - stay away from these people! Shipped me 8 comics in an envelope with NO cardboard protection of any kind. Just threw the comics in the envelope and hope for the best! Absolutely no care for their product once it left their store. Profits above all else. I'm going to be creating another thread on my experience (with some pics) in order to help warn other hobbyists who love comics not to order from them or risk disappointment and financial loss. They refused refund/exchange or compromise in any way.

This surprises me. One time I ordered about 6 or so books from Midtown. My neighborhood had a fill-in postal worker delivering mail, and instead of setting the package on my front porch like our usual mail-lady, the person bent it completely in half and stuffed it in the mailbox.

I did a live chat with Midtown and told them I knew it wasn't their fault but asked if there was anything I could do. They gave me a return label, and as soon as my books were in transit, Midtown sent me all new books with no hassle. :shrug:

They've clearly changed their policy since then. I guess they've been taking too many losses! A look at the fine print on the website states 'not responsible for any damages during shipping'. We went back and forth a few times, but they refused to compromise in any way - even though they were mostly responsible due to the poor packaging practises.

when I show my brother how I pack items I sell on ebay, he is reminded of the anal retentive chef skit (Phil Hartman) from Saturday Night Live. No matter what you are trying to pack-- there is probably some internet link that will provide best methods to insure secure shipping (or thwart potential pitfalls of any shipping service).

I pack the items the way I would want them sent to me. Fairly simple concept that is not always so simple for some to understand. I hoard cardboard and other packing supplies any chance I get (but without it looking like a hoarder house-- yuck).

I pack the items the way I would want them sent to me.

This is the mentality everyone should have - dealer or not. I despise the way the majority of the books that I buy are packed.

It bothers me when private sellers ship books to me without packing them well. But what bothers me more are the dealers who, in order to increase their profits, skimp on adequate packaging ... they know better, but they don't care. I feel like I should feel 'safe' when buying from a dealer. I think that too much emphasis is on making the package as light as possible. This mentality will always lead to poor packaging.

"good enough" is a phrase that should not be used when packing comics.

I use a three foot metal ruler. I put the marks on it with a black marker for the dimensions I want. then I just draw the lines and use a straight blade utility knife. It goes pretty fast. I always keep plenty of back up cardboard in case of a run. lol

350799b4-b884-4e7f-a357-90859e488f23.jpg

Sorry, I missed the cardboard. Instead I was trying to find the rest of your ammo in the pic. I also think I see a cleaning kit, pistol case, rifle mags, targets, and gun safe presumably storing the rifles for your ammo. My guess is you've got some large ammo cans on the floor down there too, I know mine would bring down the shelves.

Looks like you know how to defend yourself from cardboard thieves.

BTW, for cardboard, I like to use my wife's paper cutter. They sell 'em cheap at Harbor Freight.