• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Nedors, and I'll show you mine...
2 2

175 posts in this topic

As a pre-Code GGA collector I always enjoy a cover that defies the received wisdom that Golden Age artwork is amateurish. This one has an almost classical elegance that, IMO, makes it even more beautiful than #49's, which today requires a strong appreciation of kitsch to be enjoyable.

Apologies, but I don't know how to attach the imaeg into the message.

589a8b6db2665_337751-Startling46.jpg.2e012fc5548f6bad7bae3f7443301879.jpg

I've been lurking in these boards for a few months now, and I've seen this thread a few times. I had no idea what a Nedor was and kept thinking to myself "does this guy really want to see my nedors ??" Imagine my surprise when I was looking through a few old boxes of stuff and actually found my Nedors !. I came across this book a few years back in a dealers $10 Golden Age box. I was young and I was stupid - foreheadslap.gif - I only picked out this one. If only I could whisper back in time to say "buy the dang box!"

Black_Terror.JPG

Here's another Schomburg classic. This guy was incredible! He's my favorite artist next to Lou Fine, L.B. Cole, Bill Everett, and the late GREAT JACK KIRBY in the Golden Age! It's only a VG, but I love it anyway. cloud9.gif

scan0004.jpg