• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM SUFFERING FROM ROCKY MOUNTAIN SPOTTED FEVER...............PLEASE HELP ME

83 posts in this topic

There are entirely too many pedigrees. You all know the ones needed to included for golden age, but for silver age there ought to be just two or three and that is it. I'm tired of pedigrees that which leads to $X+++ jacked dollar amount over X comic book. A complete waste of money.

CC

So which of the following 6 SA pedigrees to you consider to be unworthy?

Pacific Coast

Curator

Massachusetts

White Mountain

Northland

Western Pennsylvania

For the record, I'm willing to pay extra for high grade early SA copies from any of these 6 pedigrees, and don't consider it a waste of money in the least.

The Northlands are junk. Pure junk. Just send them to me. :whistle:

There are entirely too many pedigrees. You all know the ones needed to included for golden age, but for silver age there ought to be just two or three and that is it. I'm tired of pedigrees that which leads to $X+++ jacked dollar amount over X comic book. A complete waste of money.

CC

Pacific Coast

Curator

Massachusetts

White Mountain

Northland

Western Pennsylvania

For the record, I'm willing to pay extra for high grade early SA copies from any of these 6 pedigrees, and don't consider it a waste of money in the least.

Pac Coast

White Mountain

Curator

Period.

CC

Pacific Coast

Curator

Massachusetts

White Mountain

Northland

Western Pennsylvania

Pac Coast

White Mountain

Curator

Period.

Surely you don't consider the 3 you listed to be unworthy! I'll assume for the moment that you meant to write that those are the only SA collections worthy of pedigree status.

That would really suck, because those of us that seek out the early SA gems from the remaining 3 pedigrees would have no way of tracking and finding them. It would also fail to give recognition to the Mass, Western PA and Northland collections for their extraordinary representation of ultra high grade copies of the earliest and scarcest SA keys.

It's one thing to say that you wouldn't pay more for a book from one of these collections (a perfectly reasonable position to take, albeit one many collectors don't share), but it is another thing altogether to suggest these books shouldn't be distinguished and tracked from among the mass numbers of SA books.

You ever owned any early silver from the Mass, Western PA, or Northland collections?

These 4 are the best Silverage pedigree s.

Massachusetts

Pacific Coast

White Mountain

Curator

Every Mass copy I have had(raw or slabbed) are beyond fresh, with just tons of gloss, and bright pages. Most of them look as if they came off the newsstands.

I think the all time worst is Winnipeg. Actually, I think they all should be re-submitted and downgraded with that awful Joe DiMaggio like signature. Plus what key books in decent shape exist from the Winnipeg collection ?

That Bethlehem seems tanned up, not sure about Western Penns, haven't seen enough keys to make a an assessment.

And if someone states they have a Mohawk Valley, I thank them for telling me, so I can avoid that one all together. That one was left in an oven.

And a Thank you.

I think the all time worst is Winnipeg.

Winnipeg Bronze books are dreamy.

Well, thank God some had the forethought to invent both chocolate and vanilla or we'd be :censored: for sure.

You're dreamy, too, J-E-H. :cloud9:

CC

Pacific Coast

Curator

Massachusetts

White Mountain

Northland

Western Pennsylvania

Pac Coast

White Mountain

Curator

Period.

Surely you don't consider the 3 you listed to be unworthy! I'll assume for the moment that you meant to write that those are the only SA collections worthy of pedigree status.

That would really suck, because those of us that seek out the early SA gems from the remaining 3 pedigrees would have no way of tracking and finding them. It would also fail to give recognition to the Mass, Western PA and Northland collections for their extraordinary representation of ultra high grade copies of the earliest and scarcest SA keys.

It's one thing to say that you wouldn't pay more for a book from one of these collections (a perfectly reasonable position to take, albeit one many collectors don't share), but it is another thing altogether to suggest these books shouldn't be distinguished and tracked from among the mass numbers of SA books.

You ever owned any early silver from the Mass, Western PA, or Northland collections?

Of course I meant only those. To me those are the only 3 SA pedigrees worthy of status.

CC

Well. Another well rounded nail biter of a conversation.

:roflmao:

Boys and girls...how about some depth as to why Peds do or do not belong as a Ped.

Boys and girls...how about some depth as to why Peds do or do not belong as a Ped.

Okie Dokey, Roy: Northland is a pedigree collection because there are straight runs of all the early SA Marvel titles in ultra high grade. Same for the Mass and Western PA collections. Indeed, the Mass FF, JIM and Spidey runs are tremendous. And as Tim will attest, the DCs in the Western PA collection are killer.

(From Doug's vault):

Hulk1NL.jpg

JIM88NL.jpg

Andrew, have you ever taken the time to compare the pedigrees to one another across the board and not just based you observations on a few representative books?

I mean the Northland SA Incredible Hulks can outdo both the PC and the WM copies, plus the Northalnd Daredevil run could give the PC set a run for its money any day.

Of course this just my opinion and I am really nobody since I didn't graduate from Furman, so what does it matter?

Okie Dokey, Roy: Northland is a pedigree collection because there are straight runs of all the early SA Marvel titles in ultra high grade. Same for the Mass and Western PA collections.

(From Doug's vault):

Hulk1NL.jpg

JIM88NL.jpg

Tha's what I'm talking about!

:golfclap:

Man I love that Hulk #1.

:cloud9:

Andrew, have you ever taken the time to compare the pedigrees to one another across the board and not just based you observations on a few representative books?

I mean the Northland SA Incredible Hulks can outdo both the PC and the WM copies, plus the Northalnd Daredevil run could give the PC set a run for its money any day.

Of course this just my opinion and I am really nobody since I didn't graduate from Furman, so what does it matter?

Who gives a hoot about Daredevil? A full run of Daredevil in 9.9 isn't a pedigree. A pedigree is a pedigree because most of the books don't have to be but usually are in high grade and because it is well rounded. If a SA noted pedigree doesn't even included an AF15 common back in day why should it be considered?

Action 1's weren't bought in the 30's and 40's like AF15 was bought in the 60's.

PS Where did you graduate? :gossip:

CC

If a SA noted pedigree doesn't even included an AF15 common back in day why should it be considered?

Action 1's weren't bought in the 30's and 40's like AF15 was bought in the 60's.

CC

Oops, guess that excludes the Pacific Coast collection from pedigree status...

Who gives a hoot about Daredevil? A full run of Daredevil in 9.9 isn't a pedigree. A pedigree is a pedigree because most of the books don't have to be but usually are in high grade and because it is well rounded. If a SA noted pedigree doesn't even included an AF15 common back in day why should it be considered?

CC

Those were just examples. Never mind. You are either too young or too obtuse for a meaningful conversation. I knew better.

If a SA noted pedigree doesn't even included an AF15 common back in day why should it be considered?

CC

oooopppss. Then maybe there should be only 1 (shrug)

CC

CC

Those were just examples. Never mind. You are either too young or too obtuse for a meaningful conversation. I knew better.

Where did you go to college? Why not go collect yourself some Daredevil?

CC

CC

Where did you go to college?

CC

I graduated CumLaude from the University of Tennessee with a triple major in Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minor in Chemistry.

CC

Oh, Snap!