• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is your Ebay Arch-Nemesis? Your Dr. Doom? Your Lex Luthor?

82 posts in this topic

Maybe...they're afraid that the Geppi Juggernaut will troll all their bids?

news.gifWho's to say he isn't already?!?!?... foreheadslap.gif

Geppi bids on stuff that he likes. You think he cares what others are bidding on at the moment? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Geppi bids on stuff that he likes. You think he cares what others are bidding on at the moment? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Off course not....but he seems to bid on the same stuff I like.... crazy.gifforeheadslap.gif893frustrated.gif

Off course not....but he seems to bid on the same stuff I like.... crazy.gifforeheadslap.gif893frustrated.gif

Bid on some Marvels and I can guarantee that he won't bid against you! tongue.gif

Bid on some Marvels and I can guarantee that he won't bid against you! tongue.gif

He seemed to like those Eastern Color ToS pretty much... tonofbricks.gif

He seemed to like those Eastern Color ToS pretty much... tonofbricks.gif

Ok....bid on some Super-hero Marvels then. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Arty,

> He really seems to like Barks ducks.. he bought all mid grade Four Color one

shots recently on Ebay...without him there could have been many bargains

Tell me about it. I had hoped to get the VF/NM WDCS #12 this time but at 4x guide it was no longer fun. Glad I got the other 3 high grade copies from Cap. City earlier in the year. The FC 386 was at $7,000 when the internet bidding ended.

I was trolling old strings cause I remember wanting to post on this one but not beind able to remember the second member of my dynamic duo of nemesises.

They are in no particular order as they have both caused me to 4_2_204.gif

ponchosam 10_1_117.gif has probably purchased more books that I covet than everyone else on Ebay combined. I would hate him/her more but we both share the same basic taste in books so its kinda hard.

and

judeloo 7_2_120.gif is always marked the books that I watch with bids, may not purchase but there will be no sniping around with him on watch.

I would be willing to bet that one or both are board members - no hard feelings guys, but sometimes I would like to buy you both a skydiving jump, minus the parachute of course. 10_1_107.gif

Midnightshadow

He bids 10% under market on almost every nice GA/SA book. If you're willing to pay market, he's not an enemy, but if you're hoping to get a deal, he's definitely a major thorn in any GA/SA collector's side. tongue.gif

The good news with midnightshadow is that you know you'll always get another chance to buy his books purchased at 10% or more below market for full market price in another year or so! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The good news with midnightshadow is that you know you'll always get another chance to buy his books purchased at 10% or more below market for full market price in another year or so!

Didn't you and I duke it out over a FF # 19 CGC 9.0 offered by this guy a few months ago? If I remember right, he bought it from Jason Ewert several months prior to that for more then what I paid. Hard to turn a buck that way. tongue.gif

Truly the plague of Ebay is Namisgr, the blanket of bidding. Sits on his computer all day long and bids on every high grade book. I truly believe there isn't a high grade books he doesn't throw a bid on.

Namisgr = judeloo= the bidder formely known as ummseven = bonds25 to later be known as - confused-smiley-013.gif

Being a DC guy, i have been the on the losing end more than once with snipes from Mark Wilson and Joe Serpico- (who sells NOTHING ! that he wins) - I also have been sniped more than once by Hitman1099 - he grabbed a Det 359 9.2 from me about 1 1/2 ago that I thought i had in the can.....and i was soooooo p.o'd, I called him up at the store he owns (Heroes and Legends for those who don't know him) and blasted him, telling him i didn't appreciate the fact that he "sniped " that book from me ! - It was actually very theraputic.. Sort of along the lines of the episode of "Seinfeld " where he goes to the woman's work and heckles her at her job....

The problem was also, that a few weeks before the "incident" , he welched on a deal that was all set and he agreed to... he pulled out at the last second because he was greedy and wanted another book on top of the deal that i told him i wasn't willing to part with at the time. - So this was just salt on the wound....