• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whoever is bidding on this FF1 book currently on ebay..

54 posts in this topic

I asked for better scans here was his response.

We scanned all our books a few years ago for insurance purposes and no longer have the scanner, these are all that we have on disk. Sorry for the delay, my daughter has been throwing up since noon yeaterday!

- cosmic_rays_comic_daze

Glad I read this thread as I was going to bid on it!!!

That is EXACTLY the same answer I got.....

Steve

Generally speaking, most of the key nice Marvels are being sent to auction houses. If you see one for sale on ebay, you better do your homework. The Boards helps us enjoy the hobby but also helps us unravel scams like this one. It's identity theft and anyones book could be next...

I've asked this guy to throw in the towel twice but...

Does anybody plan on topping $100,000?

I'm sure paratrooper already has a bid in higher than that - go ahead and plug it in and see whether he beats you. :whistle:

I wonder if the scam is not to the buyer.......but to the insurance company. Hmmm?......I guess the seller would have to actually ship something to the buyer......and then have it get lost.....before anyone could collect. Maybe this guy has an inside man at the post office.

Whoa.....we are talking big time trouble now......like FBI and stuff.