• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC's Tales of Terror Annual #1

67 posts in this topic

Hi All

I haven't been on the boards for a while so I'm a bit late for this discussion.

I'm the current owner of this first Tales of Terror Annual which I purchased of of EBay. I had hoped that it would of CGC graded a 3.0 (or 2.5 minimum) but it received a 2.0 grade. I've collected EC's my whole life and this was only the second of the first Tales of Terror Annuals I've seen for sale and owned. I do believe that this is the "Holy Grail" of EC comics. Hi Res scans: Here, and Here, and Here

I'm also planning on putting this book up for sale or auction very soon! :o

Jeff

Welcome back. I noticed you sold your other TOT annuals a while back and I wondered if you had a #1. (thumbs u

Thanks! I parted ways with my left over EC's a while back. I have a couple war annuals and gaines copies left also. I get my EC addict fix by reading my Cochran HC reprints.

Jeff

Welcome back. I noticed you sold your other TOT annuals a while back and I wondered if you had a #1. (thumbs u

No Tales of Terror Annual # 1 in my collection unfortunately....

Just the below boring stuff

ECDisplay.jpg

:applause:(worship) (thumbs u :headbang:

I always thought that to be an impressive display!

The seller of that book is a local dealer and I talked to him about this book and the pre-code collection he purchased it in. Chris (the dealer - who also puts on the annual Planet Comic-con show) said that a man contacted him about a small collection of approx 40+ pre-code books that he wanted to sell. They met and the man who was selling the books carried them under his arm with no protection as pieces from the mostly low grade collection flaked off around him. The man selling the books was asking a lot for them (not sure exactly how much), but this annual was what made the deal happen. Chris was very happy with what the book sold for (too bad he sold it on ebay before I talked with him at a local show the other week :cry: )

Anyways I did pick up low grade copies of the Haunt of Fear #14, and the Vault of Horror #40 from him as well as some early JIM's.

Awesome, thanks for the back-story. Whenever I hear about people handling comics like that, I want to mail them backings/sleeves. I can believe TOT #1 would make a deal happen. Does anybody know how many cities that annual was distributed in? I know it was fairly limited Glad to hear you got some good EC's.