• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeck Signing a complete Success!!! Plus some nice surprises!! PICS ADDED

25 posts in this topic

I will post some pics of Mike and I a little later but for right now I will just leave you with this , I am planning on getting it inked by Bob McLeod at MegaCon 09

:)

and more surprises to come in a little bit.

67147.jpg.5b66c86c0daf13e3b45e15e233c0ade9.jpg

Today I got to meet one of my all time favorite artists. Mike was extreamly hosptiable and signed every one of the books I brought. I knew early on that I was not going to press him on sketches cause I wanted to get a fallen son from him.

As he was signing I mentioned that he has a huge fan base of support here on the forums and I wanted to know if he could do a quick sketch on some of the books especially since some sumbitted as many as 10 and more books.

He agreed to do a few sketches but again I didnt want to press my luck and not get a fallen son sketch. So I figured I would ask for a couple sketches (2) and then pick a book of my choice from those who submitted 10 or more books. Luckily he agreed. So here are the sketches that were done. I tried to find the books that would look the best with a nice sketch.

Secret Wars #9 - AlexH

Punisher #1 - SomewhereinTexas

GI Joe #21 - Bghkoyama (AWESOME SKETCH not to mention it was SS by Turner)

67148.jpg.f6e05d2d79a10a03a8a6de2837a85ff8.jpg

67149.jpg.51ab4596b3fb5422cb497d93230d7d68.jpg

67150.jpg.c63e2e9c6c3b582f5b6b8107062aa539.jpg

Thanks Danny!! I owe you a big one for that cool sketch!!

(worship)

Totally awesome!!! Words can't describe how excited I am to see that comic with the sig and sketch.

Glad you got the Fallen Son sketch. That's mighty nice.

Check your paypal account. I'm a man of my word. I'm glad you got to meet Mike in person and a million thanks again for putting this together. I showed my 3yr old daughter the cover of the GI Joe that you had signed and sketched and she asked why can't she write on my comic books.... :o

Check your paypal account. I'm a man of my word. I'm glad you got to meet Mike in person and a million thanks again for putting this together. I showed my 3yr old daughter the cover of the GI Joe that you had signed and sketched and she asked why can't she write on my comic books.... :o

Better lock up your stuff, quick!

BTW...nice sketches! I loved Zeck's stuff, it's one of the 80's hits.

Dan, you rock!!!! :headbang:

It's hard enough to get a headsketch when you ask for it, so to get one I had not even requested is that much sweeter. Thanks for putting this together. I have fond memories of reading those books in my younger days (not the particular copies I sent in, but those issues), and it's awesome to be able to get some signed and authenticated. My younger brother (who is now 30) still has an original Punisher sketch that Mike had done for my brother when he was in third grade. That was the best $25 I ever spent.

Wow those books look awesome..He has great signature and sketch placement..

I can honestly say that Mike took time (5-10 seconds) in picking the right place for every signature put on a book. Every Cap Ann #8 I had to remove from thier window bags cause he insisted on signing on the very bottom. Books like SW #8 and Cap Annual #8 he has a specific place he always likes to sign, but its books he rarly sees like some Batman issues, Master of Kung Fu and Power Man Iron Fist that he loves trying to find the right place to sign.