• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another Action #1 reprint

13 posts in this topic

I can't figure this one put. Did someone hijack his account or is he that dumb? I'm leaning toward hijacked unless the seller just turned bad and his lasy FB is a neg for not delivering. 3 day listing with a low but nice chunk of change BIN. A ripped up copy would draw more attention than taking a picture of a CGC 5.5 from Heritage or something. I would say if you bid and pay you wont be seeing the book.

If it was a legit copy from a legit seller I would pay $800 for it as long as all the interior was there and not ripped to shreads. I'm sure the interior alone sells for several thousand. Comic Link was trying to sell single slabed pages of the book at one time.

Thanks for the 2 rocks description for an authentic Action #1. ComicLink & Heritage listed Cgc'd Action #1 individual loose wraps from the Superman story for $1k each. Discount if u buy all 5 or 6 slabbed wraps. No numerical grade as they were lower than Cgc 0.5. makepoint.gif

He ended it...

Maybe an honest mistake? confused-smiley-013.gif

I doubt he have a $800.00 BIN for an Action 1 if he was a crook.

$8000.00 more likely. confused.gif

I have a real hard time believing that. Look at this quote from the auction:

"issue # 1 from 1938 the dimensions are 1/4 past 7 1/2 inches across and 10 1/2 inches tall. please take that into consideration as you are looking at this auction"

He's as much as admitting it is a reprint... without actually coming out and saying it.

As for the price if genuine, I don't think $8000 would be enough, even for that copy. I would say 20, as a rough guess. I would imagine you could get $8000 for a completely coverless copy.

As to motive, well.. a lot of people need money around the holidays.

B.

Since I don't know much about pre-1955 comics, I'd never buy a pricey Golden-Age book unless it was CGCed.

I couldn't spot a fake by the dimensions, or spot trimming either... tongue.gif

Talk about trimming, check out the bottom edge of that book! There's like an inch trimmed off that thing! Plus there is no glare on the front fender, and the little black "blotch" between the headlight and the triangular green piece above the car is missing on reprints. This guy "beat it up" himself to make it look good *edit* or just stole it from here: http://xroads.virginia.edu/~UG02/yeung/actioncomics/cover.html