• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for you framing guys

7 posts in this topic

Personally, I'm a fan of black frame, black mat for BW art. White also works well.

What he said. All of my framed art is black frame/black mat. Though if you want a color mat instead, I would say that depends on the decor of the room the art will be displayed in.

Personally, I'm a fan of black frame, black mat for BW art. White also works well.

What he said. All of my framed art is black frame/black mat. Though if you want a color mat instead, I would say that depends on the decor of the room the art will be displayed in.

Actually - most rooms are pretty neutral. (Unless you're in my house - I'm staring at a bright red wall at the moment.) So I'd suggest making sure you pick a color mat that accentuates the colors in the cover (if you're mounting it with your OA).

For instance, the color that pops the most in your cover is the red logo. To make it stand out even more - chose a mat that is the complimentary color - in this case green. Now I wouldn't go lime green or anything - but a very dark green or a more neutral greyish green might look good.

Your best bet is to take the actual pieces you want framed to a shop and put some sample mats up against them.

Actually - most rooms are pretty neutral. (Unless you're in my house - I'm staring at a bright red wall at the moment.) So I'd suggest making sure you pick a color mat that accentuates the colors in the cover (if you're mounting it with your OA).

For instance, the color that pops the most in your cover is the red logo. To make it stand out even more - chose a mat that is the complimentary color - in this case green. Now I wouldn't go lime green or anything - but a very dark green or a more neutral greyish green might look good.

Your best bet is to take the actual pieces you want framed to a shop and put some sample mats up against them.

Agreed (thumbs u

I have all my pieces with Black Matt, but I want to try something a little different, especially since I'm getting the book framed with it. I think the best thing is to pick it out in person as stated earlier in this thread.