• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signatures to Get .......

19 posts in this topic

This maybe a goofy question but:

What are the top signatures to get, most desireable right now? (shrug)

What do you mean by top signatures or most desirable? The ones you can flip for the most money? To me the most desirable are the signatures of artists, creators, or celebs that are affiliated with books that I really care about that I haven't been able to get yet.

I really want Frank Brunner SS. I'd love to get a crack at some Barry Windsor Smiths and a couple of Jeff Jones WWs. I'd also like to get Evan Dorkin on some Milk and Cheese, Ben Edlund on the Tick and Mike Allred on some Madman. My goal is to get SS of all of the creators of books that I have enjoyed from all ages. Nothing against the Lees, (I have six Stans and a bazillion Jims) but, some of these guys are really tough.

--Sean.

What do you mean by top signatures or most desirable? The ones you can flip for the most money? To me the most desirable are the signatures of artists, creators, or celebs that are affiliated with books that I really care about that I haven't been able to get yet.

I really want Frank Brunner SS. I'd love to get a crack at some Barry Windsor Smiths and a couple of Jeff Jones WWs. I'd also like to get Evan Dorkin on some Milk and Cheese, Ben Edlund on the Tick and Mike Allred on some Madman. My goal is to get SS of all of the creators of books that I have enjoyed from all ages. Nothing against the Lees, (I have six Stans and a bazillion Jims) but, some of these guys are really tough.

--Sean.

Frank Brunner I met at a local show and he was really an to his fans, seemed like he was miserable the entire show.

Evan Dorkin was great when I met him at HeroesCon. Did a sketch for everyone who wanted one, got a bunch of great Milk and Cheese original cells used for making cards and a great Secret Invasion book.

--Sean.

Frank Brunner I met at a local show and he was really an to his fans, seemed like he was miserable the entire show.

Evan Dorkin was great when I met him at HeroesCon. Did a sketch for everyone who wanted one, got a bunch of great Milk and Cheese original cells used for making cards and a great Secret Invasion book.

Yeah, he's a decent guy, but not going to win any congeniality contests. :P

He's gonna be here at Gem City in Dayton, April, 2009, Sean. :) If pirate comes you could maybe get one then. I'm thinking of having a HTD 1 or a nice Dr. Strange done. :):wishluck:

My 2c is that right now a Dave Gibbons Doctor Who book, and a HG Zeck MOKF or Neal Adams DC War book would be among my most desirable. ;)

--Sean.

When I met Brunner, he was really cool, maybe it was you?

--Sean.

Maybe it was you Pirate, I heard he has a thing for cue balls :)

--Sean.

yea he's definitely not a big teeth or ear guy. :P

--Sean.

yea he's definitely not a big teeth or ear guy. :P

Whoooaaaa! ZING!

:P

Im always hunting John Byrne and Mike Ploog signatures and of course, Stan Lee, I have some Roy Thomas sigs but the guy is never at his assigned table! I have only encountered one artist the seemed pretty unhappy to be there, Chris Claremont three years ago in San Diego,