• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a fair price for the Wolverine Mini?

25 posts in this topic

That happens often though--people take the gamble that grading will miraculously boost the value of their books, and now and then it does, but it's not a guarantee. So, sometime people just want to recoup some of their $$$.

By the way, where in KS are you? I was stationed in Ft. Riley and lived in Manhattan. GREAT state!

I lived in Manhattan for 4 years '92 to '95. I loved it there too. Of course once you get past Salina it gets to be a boring place fast. The eastern third of the state is a great place though. I live outside KC now.

I am not sure I can count on being lucky enough to pay a buck each or to get a cgc 9.6 set for $60 before the movie hype kicks in and they go for stupid money. Its just such a common book it grates on me to pay much for it! Every show I go to every dealer has several copies of it and eBay has tons of them. I guess that is true for books like Hulk 181 too :shrug:.

Those damn Kansans. (shrug)

:sumo:

I was looking at the newly listed 9.9 #1 on the clink.

But the guy shifted the book from a BIN of $2k to 2.5k...and it has OW pages. doh!

Now for CA book thats the kiss of death, as you expect, and get W pages without thinking about it every day of the week with CA books.

And the problem is that if you took the course of resubmitting it to possibly getting the OW changed (it's a brown label), would it also come back a 9.9 (shrug)

If not, and for one reason or another it got a 9.8, you've just lost $1,000 at the very least!!

So from a buying/resale perspective, a 9.9 #1 OW is going to be off limits.

That happens often though--people take the gamble that grading will miraculously boost the value of their books, and now and then it does, but it's not a guarantee. So, sometime people just want to recoup some of their $$$.

Which they could have avoided by doing a pre-screen.

You got to wonder who did this pre-screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wolverine-Mini-Graded-Comic-3-CGC-5-0-Claremont-Miller_W0QQitemZ150148837640QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

What's the point of even submitting? The sick part? Nowhere close to the lowest on the census. That distinction? A 2.0. :o

I love eBay's "deal alert"...."it's less than $20 including shipping!"

Oooo...a book with a real value of about $2-$3 shipped for only $15.49?

How can I pass up that smokin' deal???

I've sold 10-12 sets so far this year, 9.4 to 9.8 and the prices have

pretty well leveled off since mid summer. Now, restocking premium

quality at a decent price is difficult.