• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommendations on eBay selling over Thanksgiving.

3 posts in this topic

I am considering putting up some 7 day auctions Sunday evening, but I am concerned about the auctions ending on a major holiday weekend.

Anyone have any experience/thoughts on this? What I'm afraid of is that bidders may be traveling or otherwise occupied and won't be paying attention to auctions.

Ah, but you're forgetting that the festivities may actually benefit your auctions. Imagine you're a teenager stuck over at Grandma's house or friends of the family. The day seems to drag for hours and you're sitting there in your tie and slacks watching dad pass out because of the tripdaphan and mom washing the dishes. But you know there's a computer in the house somewhere and after you get on, hours are spent, eventually leading you to a multi-hour search-fest on eBay.

That's what comes to mind whenever I'm selling. I always calculate the end time to see if it falls on a weekend or any other occassion where people may be sitting on their computers.

Just a thought.