• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sympathy for the Devil

29 posts in this topic

Before I start my rant, I am introducing myself.

My name is Mike, I post here lots but do not really know many of you though I have respect for everyone here. I try and contribute where I have ability to do so, and consider myself willing to learn what I can from those here who have more knowledge than I. For the most part I like hearing the stories people share here, especially the stories about funny books. I am not a feel good hippy let love rule type guy. But I am willing to cry injustice.

I am posting this in regards to the "crack slabs and upgrade'em" thread yesterday where there was ridiculous name calling and silly posturing in regards to a question posed. One question from the wrong mouth got heaps of scorn far outweighing the supposed crime. And before the "reasons" for the roasting come down the pike, let it be said both that anyone here can PM someone that is doing something stupid or one can simply not make a comment. I personally didn't think anything good would come from the post, but thought it odd that so many here would be so offended as to call him out in the manner that he was. What use is there in squelching the discussion? I can think of several reasons and most of them are things most of us don't want to hear.

FatComicMafia isn't a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and he is humble as hell (with a sharp tongue) People think his question a waste of time but have no problem commenting on longest silliest thread? That is silly. I do not think for a second that if a "respected" member here posted such a question would it be met with such vitriol.

Yes, I am the friend of the accused, and though he has often been the pariah on these boards, he has lots to add to the discussion. If any of you want to have your ear talked off about grading, SA Marvel, music, wine or some other baloney, I have little doubt that you will find a person more capable of making your ears bleed. He knows CGC grading down pat, and I would stake he would give anyone here a run for their money in that regards, ( I myself am not so good)

I was not put up to do this, but felt that he got an unfair shake. And I do think that several of you were being jerks.

"The willow knows what the storm does not, that the ability to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it" - some magic the gathering card somewhere

Mike

I did not get that impression from the thread. I thought he had some good points too, and it was a good discussion - entertaining and funny at times. I guess I don't take all the smart-@ssery around here as literal, or as serious, as some others do.

Anyway, peace be with you, bro :foryou:

I don't have a problem with Fatpinko or FatComicMafia and I didn't post in that thread. I've met him in person, etc. and he seemed fine.

However, I DO remember some threads of his from past months that were pretty annoying which may have contributed to many people here having less "patience" with his threads in general.

Eddie is a dork

just like you like 'em :acclaim:

:acclaim:

I refuse to notice you in this thread.

:sumo:

Dang! :doh:

:cry:

Hush little baby

don't say a word

Pov's gonna buy you

a Mocking Bird.

(jeeze is this going downhill fast or what?)

:cloud9:

Eddie is a dork

just like you like 'em :acclaim:

I refuse to notice you in this thread.

:sumo:

Dang! :doh:

:cry:

Hush little baby don't say a word

Pov's gonna buy you

a Mocking Bird.

(jeeze is this going downhill fast or what?)

:cloud9:
(worship) ahhh - errr - :cloud9:

I missed it... Oh well

Ditto, what did Ed do now? Did he try and start another one of his "not wanting to stir the pot, just want a friendly discussion" threads?

:roflmao:

Honestly, I have no idea what went down, but he is a big boy and there is a method to his madness, problem is I am still waiting to see it bear fruit.