• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battestar Galactica on SciFi channel

88 posts in this topic

Just preodered the miniseries+first season from Amazon. According to them, it won't be released until the 20th.

That's odd, I just picked mine up. Store had six or seven copies on the shelf.

That's the UK version, the US version hasn't been released. The US version is supposedly the more complete edition. I went to Best Buy and the outer package says UK version right on it.

Just preodered the miniseries+first season from Amazon. According to them, it won't be released until the 20th.

That's the UK version, the US version hasn't been released. The US version is supposedly the more complete edition. I went to Best Buy and the outer package says UK version right on it.

Yep, you're right about this, though I didn't realize at it when I bought the DVDs. I did a little digging on the internet, and it looks like there's no difference in the actual episodes, but that the US DVD release has more in the way of behind-the-scenes footage and such. That sorta stuff usually doesn't interest me much anyways, so i'm not too bummed about picking up the no-frills version. Plus, I think the UK version has a much cooler front cover. grin.gif

Yep, you're right about this, though I didn't realize at it when I bought the DVDs. I did a little digging on the internet, and it looks like there's no difference in the actual episodes, but that the US DVD release has more in the way of behind-the-scenes footage and such. That sorta stuff usually doesn't interest me much anyways, so i'm not too bummed about picking up the no-frills version. Plus, I think the UK version has a much cooler front cover. grin.gif

Anytime you place a hot blond chick on the cover, it's bound to be good. cloud9.gif

Aaaaaagggghhhhhh!!!!! Now we have to wait until January. Daaaaaamn them!!!!!!

frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

You said it! Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

i'm guessing they'll follow the basic story line of the original Living Legend and have Cain (mmm michelle forbes) take the Pegasus on an attack run against the mystery ship and disappear while doing so thus restocking Galactica's Vipers and pilots.

Once again the Producers change gender of one of the well-known orignal characters. Lloyd Bridges was simply stunning in the original series.

Although it created an interesting dynamic to have Adama cowtow to a superior younger female Admiral. What an incredible cliff-hanger to end the season.

the gender changes don't bother me that much, but i do think she seems somewhat young to have reached that rank...

am quite looking forward to the finale in january...tweaked my interest with this new class of cylon ship.

i'm glad they did not introduce an 'Athena' character.

what's the deal with adama. was he out of the service or something for a while? on the old show, wasn't adama the most senior military type on kane was subordinate to him? they've been acting on the series like Adama was some sort of legend or whatever.

my guess is that a cylon attack disrupts what was about to happen in the last episode and everyone will have to get on the same page to protect the fleet. and then it will follow the story line of the old series where the pegasus devastates the cylon fleet but disappears in the process. no way they can have all these extra characters stay on the cast long-term.

what's the deal with adama. was he out of the service or something for a while? on the old show, wasn't adama the most senior military type on kane was subordinate to him? they've been acting on the series like Adama was some sort of legend or whatever.

my guess is that a cylon attack disrupts what was about to happen in the last episode and everyone will have to get on the same page to protect the fleet. and then it will follow the story line of the old series where the pegasus devastates the cylon fleet but disappears in the process. no way they can have all these extra characters stay on the cast long-term.

On the old show, he was the only surviving commander from the Colonial fleet and also eventually became a leading voice in the quorum of twelve.

Currently Adama was just a commander of a ship that was about to be decomissioned anyway. He was out of the military for a while as shown in flashbacks earlier this season, after the first cylon war, but managed to get back at some point and eventually bring Tigh back in as well.

I believe he was also looking at retirement when the Galactica was take off of active duty.

It's never been shown that he was not an able commander or that his commanding an old ship was a detrement to his renewed career. In fact, in the mini-series they went to great lengths to let the audience know he refused to let his ship be retroffited with networked technology that was the key to the cylon attack...i'm sure if there was anybody left alive, they'd consider that a smart move smile.gif

I've enjoyed the series very much. Definitely going to buy the DVD. It has captured my attention to such a degree and revitalized my interest in Battlestar Gallactica that I actually bought the OA from the entire book of the #3 issue of the 1979 comic book series!insane.gif

Anyone venture to guess who else will be outed as a cylon next season? popcorn.gif

BTW, I attended the panel discussion at the SD Comic Con on the show. The panelists included (I don't remember true names so I will use their screen name) the President, Baltar, Adama, Boomer, Helo and two of the creators/producers. It was very interesting, at least I think so. I was distracted by the woman who sat in front of me as she was drop dead gorgeous. frustrated.gif

This is the best show Sci-Fi has turned out in years. Maybe ever. Anyone know how they're doing ratings-wise?

I don't think they'll have Pegsus just up and vanish like in the original series. That would be like the writers admitting that they don't really know how to keep up the conflict, so let's just get rid of them.

After all, Pegasus is a warhawk and Galactica has a civilian fleet to babysit. They can't afford to engage in too much offensive action. I think it'll work out that Cain will come to realize that she just can't have Galactica to play with without endangering what (for all they know) is the remaining civilian population of the entire human race. Either that or she'll try to implement a military draft like on her own ship...

Considering what winters are like in Western New York, I can't believe I'm saying that I can't wait until January!

I don't think they'll have Pegsus just up and vanish like in the original series. That would be like the writers admitting that they don't really know how to keep up the conflict, so let's just get rid of them.

IIRC, in some of the earlier books (from the first run) the Pegasus was not destroyed. In fact it actually found Earth before Galactica did. When they got there they realized that they were being followed by the Clyons and Earth was too premative to fend off their attack. Instead of stopping at Earth they just passed it by in order to keep the Cylons from figuring out where it was.

I just don't think they have the budget to pay all those extra actors on the Pegasus every episode. At best they pop in now and then. Of course, now that they're on the same page, the Pegasus could make it really hard for the Cylons to effectively chase the fleet. Particularly if, let's say, the Pegasus goes back and nukes planet Cylon or implodes its sun or something fun like that.

This is the best show Sci-Fi has turned out in years. Maybe ever. Anyone know how they're doing ratings-wise?

After all, Pegasus is a warhawk and Galactica has a civilian fleet to babysit. They can't afford to engage in too much offensive action. I think it'll work out that Cain will come to realize that she just can't have Galactica to play with without endangering what (for all they know) is the remaining civilian population of the entire human race. Either that or she'll try to implement a military draft like on her own ship...

Considering what winters are like in Western New York, I can't believe I'm saying that I can't wait until January!

This show is GREAT! I've watched it since it first came on! I DVR the episodes so I can skip all those commercials. Awful lot of commericals. It keeps getting better and better.

frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

Well, if you absolutely have to know what's going to happen in the next few episodes, you can find out here. Obviously, major spoilers await.

I will not click...

I will not click...

I will not click!!! sumo.gif

Well, if you absolutely have to know what's going to happen in the next few episodes, you can find out here. Obviously, major spoilers await.

I will not click...

I will not click...

I will not click!!! sumo.gif

CLICK IT!

CLICK IT!!!