• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Silver Age 9.9!

51 posts in this topic

I bought the 9.4 along with the entire run. I am guessing all the books came from the same collection. Another thing i noticed is the books from that collection also have more of miswrapped covers then the other ones I previously own. I don't know did all those issues get printed at one plant or where there several? I just thought it odd that the books would have come out months apart but were most likely purchased in the same area would have miswraped covers and such translucency compared to the other issues I have CGC'd n the Joker title. I was thinking perhaps if books were printed in more than one location they may have been produced slightly different than books at a different printing location? confused-smiley-013.gif

Here's the #1 from that collection. It's not nearly as bad but is apparent.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/jmickeyjr/Joker1.jpg?allow_mailing_list=1&owner_id=118590&&

I bought the 9.4 along with the entire run. I am guessing the books all the books came from the same collection. Another thing i noticed is the books from that collection also have more of miswrapped covers then the other ones I previously own. I don't know did all those issues get printed at one plant or where there several? I just thought it odd that the books would have come out months apart but were most likely purchased in the same area would have miswraped covers and such translucency compared to the other issues I have CGC'd n the Joker title. I was thinking perhaps if books were printed in more than one location they may have been produced slightly different than books at a different printing location? confused-smiley-013.gif

Does anyone know if different printing plants use any type of special markings that you can use to differenciate which plant a book came from?

DiceX, a pressman who has met the guys who worked on the original press lines from the 1960s/70s/80s, said in this thread that all DCs and Marvels from the 60s to the 80s were made at one plant in Sparta, Tennessee.

I believe it's somewhat coincidental all the comics in that collection you mentioned were all miswrapped, although if a lot of them were from the early 70s, the wrapping was particularly bad during that time frame for ALL comics out of Sparta.

There are several pedigreed collections which exhibit white pages and high translucency, with Pacific Coast and White Mountain being two of the most notable. I highly doubt white pages cause the defect. Tracey Heft told me he thinks frequent changes in temperature--coupled with heavy ink runs on the first page--cause it more than any other factor.

i do have 5 cgc 10.0s and 42 cgc 9.9s,but none are from the silverage 893frustrated.gif valiantman how many golden age 9.9s are there?

WOAH!!! 5 cgc 10.0s and 42 9.9s........ That is absolutely incredible dolphin. Were they all your own submits, and if they were, i wanna shop at your local store. cool.gif

no,they werent my own i always get some 9.8s but i have not even got a 9.9 back from cgc yet.im thinking about going after that secret wars#8 cgc 9.9 on ebay now but not sure how high i will go.as far as the cgc 10.0s darth i think has received 6 back from cgc.thats just crazy to get that many back.i would be happy to get just one. cloud9.gif

no,they werent my own i always get some 9.8s but i have not even got a 9.9 back from cgc yet.im thinking about going after that secret wars#8 cgc 9.9 on ebay now but not sure how high i will go.as far as the cgc 10.0s darth i think has received 6 back from cgc.thats just crazy to get that many back.i would be happy to get just one. cloud9.gif

ALL HAIL TO KING DARTHDIESEL !!! cool.gif