• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigfiver's thread of Bronze Age DC fabulousness

163 posts in this topic

Okay fellas... that's it for tonight. My wife wants to go out for a coffee 'date', and she's the boss.

Here's the deal on upcoming sales. Over the past few months, I've picked up a sizeable collection (100+ books) from the Bakerstowne find. I've seen some of the crappy 50s books with the huge warps and the blue ink spray - these are nothing like that.

The books are typically in VF/NM to NM+.... except that many show a light warp where they were stacked in storage - not the big ripples or waves... just a gentle uptick in the lower right corner. I haven't pressed any of the books, though just having been boarded and carefully stacked in my comic room has removed the light warp on many. I'll be bringing some of these up for sale in the coming days... there are some great books - DC Tarzans, Koraks, Weird Worlds, Many stunning Kirby Fourth World Books, plus a lot of esoteric DC titles from this era, like Plop, Prez, Black Magic, Strange Sports, Champion Sports, etc. The gloss and colour on most of them are ridiculous.

There'll be non-Bakestowne books in there as well, but I'll identify all the Bakerstownes. My plan is to do about a dozen or so a night over the next week or so... I'll try and get some in for tomorrow, but it'll likely start on Friday.

Thanks for the sales so far. Going to be a fun week coming up.

Shep

Okay, Bakerstowne Tarzans. Fellas, these are really great copies.. and these are getting tougher to find in grade, so here's pretty much the entire run.

A note (which goes without saying) EVERYTHING in this thread is guaranteed... any issues with any book, you get a refund right away, no questions asked. Why? Because you are going to love these copies. If the Tarzans go well, the Koraks and Weird Worlds will come up on the weekend. Let's go!

Tarzan 207 VF/NM Offwhite pages. Nice gloss. Extremely light stacking stacking curl at bottom right corner. Tiny ship out of top of spine, back cover. Small date written in ink, top cover. A classic book in every sense, and some of Kubert’s best art EVER. Bakerstowne copy. $25.00

tarzan207.jpg

Tarzan 208 NM- Offwhite pages. Extremely light stacking stacking curl at bottom right corner. Tiny dent at bottom edge, back cover. Small date written in ink, top cover. Really sweet copy. Bakerstowne copy. $15.00

NOTE - The weirdness in the upper right edge that looks like a dent or something? That is the cover artwork, not a defect.

tarzan208.jpg

Tarzan 208 NM- Offwhite pages. Extremely light stacking stacking curl at bottom right corner. Tiny dent at bottom edge, back cover. Small date written in ink, top cover. Really sweet copy. Bakerstowne copy. $15.00

NOTE - The weirdness in the upper right edge that looks like a dent or something? That is the cover artwork, not a defect.

tarzan208.jpg

:takeit:

Tarzan 212 VF/VF+ offwhite pages. More stunning cover inks and gloss. I’ve knocked it out of grade for a light, non-breaking crease on the back cover (pressable, if that’s your pleasure.) Still, a beauitufl copy.. I love the orange covers. Bakerstowne copy. $8.00

Tarzan212.jpg

I'm looking for NM-/NM copies of Tarzan 215, 217-19, 223, 225, 226, 228, 229, 237 and 239 (plus a few later issues if you have them).

Mike

Most - if not all - are coming up in those grades.... I'm scanning and posting, so sit back and pick 'em off at your leisure. I guaranteed that you'll love these copies.

Thanks!

Shep

How did i know you would get them hm

Right place at the right time. I'll trade them to you for the Tecs you grabbed on page 1.

Mike

Let me see if there is anything else I want. if not, you can take em regardless.

I was just joking, but I would like the 430 if you don't care one way or the other (I already have 431).

It's up to you.

Mike