• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite DC war covers!

98 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

My goal in all of this is to get you all to post your favorite covers from any DC war title. The 5 basic titles are All-American Men Of War, G. I. Combat, Our Army At War, Our Fighting Forces, and Star Spangled War Stories. You could also choose a cover from Sgt. Rock, Unknown Soldier, Weird War Tales, or any other DC war book. I'm sorry for being biased towards DC war, but that's just tough luck! :P Your choice can be a known classic cover, one you feel is classic, or perhaps one you feel would be extremely challenging to draw, if you were the artist. Hopefully, if we get enough suggestions and pictures in this thread, we can then have a "Survivor Series" for DC war covers, to determine the greatest DC war cover of all time. If you need to see what some of the covers look like, there are many great sites that showcase covers. Here's one right here.

I'll start us off with 2 of my absolute favorites.

G. I. Combat #87 known in the comics community as a classic Russ Heath cover (thumbs u

G.jpg

All-American Men Of War #94 I feel this is a classic Russ Heath cover, and easily one of my faves. :cloud9: sorry for the picture, I seem to have misplaced my scan

AAMOW94-1.jpg

Here's a link for perhaps a better scan: AAMOW94

Get to it, everyone! Let's see some beautiful covers!! :applause:

Andy

OAAW-220526x776.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: