• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sig on very rare book

4 posts in this topic

I was doing research on Stan Lee's later work when I came across the very rare ashcan sketch variant of just imagine Stan Lee's Batman. Supposedly less than 50 copies exist. Cgc only has 3 copies graded, and I have two of them, one 9.6 and the other 8.5, both Stan Lee sigs of course. This isn't just a sketch cover, the inside of the book is a sketch outline of the comic book as a couple of the pages below show. Now I need to get Joe Kubert's sig on these as well. I will consider offers on the 8.5, just pm me and please don't tell me it isn't worth anything lol I love getting my hands on rare books like this, it makes collecting a lot of fun. Here are some photos:

justimagine.jpg

justimaginestanleesketchp1.jpg

justimaginestanleep2.jpg

Thanks. It's extremely difficult to find this book, not to mention expensive in high grade. I was told less than 50 exist, 3 have been graded, and I own 2 out of the 3. Only two sig series and I own both. The 9.6 is highest grade on record, because of the paper quality, not sure we are going to see a 9.8. If you open it, you get instant spine stress, which is all that's really wrong with the 8.5. Anyway, it was a fun book to hunt down and collect.