• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Col. Clink Query

49 posts in this topic

How would that fly if you haven't paid for it?

Not sure I understand your question. I win the book...send payment...ask Josh to relist the book.

several of my books sold for $3 to $5 and I now see them re-listed. Sucks for me, but I understood that might happen by consigning them. I may not do it that way again, but that is a lessoned learned.

This can work for the auction winner because for the buyer/re-lister there is no shipping involved. If I instead posted them in the fore sale section for $20.00, if one sold, it would cost me $7.00 to ship, CLink takes 10%, not a large gain. But by winning books already held at CLink, there is no shipping involved if you have them just re-list them and hold onto them.

Something to think about.

Perhaps they did not meet a reserve.

This happens all the time with the artwork in the auctions. If they don't meet reserve the art winds up in the Art exchange section right away.

If that's the case then don't list it in an auction...there was nothing in the auction indicating a reserve...

And don't as a consignment site let them relist the item...it just ruins their credibility as an auction website and fosters abuse of their auction format...

Jim

Jim,

There were no reserves on any lots in the eBetter Auctions - at all. The books that are being reposted on ComicLink, are being reposted by the *buyers*, not the sellers, and not ComicLink. I don't see what is wrong with buying books at auction for prices you think are good deals, and then trying to mark them up to make a profit. It happens all the time and is the nature of any free market commodity.

-Josh

To be clear.....

I can buy a book on your site......and have you relist the book the next day?

Obviously, you still need to pay for the book within the time period stated on the ComicLink web site, regardless of whether or not you can resell it, but yes, you can buy on ComicLink and list it yourself the next day. Strategically, I don't know if it makes sense, but you can do it. It is not necessary for us to do that for you, and we'd rather not due to time constraints. For the books in question from the eBetter auction, it was not done by ComicLink but by the buyer turned seller himself, who is very quick to the punch.

Would Josh even have the book in hand yet?

All books that are auctioned I believe are already on site at CL.

that is correct. I found this out today when I called CL for a related quesition.