• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ditko page question

6 posts in this topic

A person sent me a scan of an "origianl art" page by Stanton/Ditko.

Any chance this is real? I'm skeptical since there aren't any tell tale signs of original art - whiteout, pencil marks, notes etc.

stanton3440.jpg

I own one of these kinds of pages (i.e. a Stanton/Ditko). There is a LOT of pencil on them, mostly erased. It would be hard to tell from this scan. Can you get a close up of one panel (perhaps the second, as that one has the most obvious collision of their two styles.

Complicating this: Stanton seems to have issued proofs or really cheap black and white versions of these stories, some of them on crappy paper and some on more like card stock, without binding, so that heavy fold in the middle could either mean it's art or it's a print.

It's a cool piece, btw. Odd how Steve always drew the men and Stanton generally drew the women.

Glen

It looks similar to Ditko's curnet lettering.

Ditko does the lettering on his own strips?

To my knowledge, he's the only one that does anything on his own stuff now. Robin Snyder publishes, but I think Ditko does it all (writes, pencils, inks, letters).