• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Hush" CGC Collection -- It Has Begun!

28 posts in this topic

I announced a while ago that I would be starting a collection of CGC 9.8's of every issue of Batman's "Hush". That's right, every variant, every printing, every chapter in pristine 9.8 condition. It will be my first ever full run of a title in CGC format, in NM/MT condition no less. Plus, I'm targeting them all to have the new and improved Universal label.

And I know what you're thinking. "That crazy S.O.B. is gonna try to get a 608 RRP in CGC 9.8!? Ha ha ha ha ha!". It will be done, mes amis. Maybe not this year, probably not in the next five, but someday that baby will be mine! In fact, one just popped up on eBay, the first I've ever seen!

Here's the list of issues I'm targeting --

Batman 608

Batman 608 (Second Print)

Batman 608 (RRP Edition)

Batman 609

Batman Double Feature

Batman 610

Batman 611

Batman 612

Batman 612 (Second Print)

Batman 613

Batman 614

Batman 615

Batman 616

Batman 617 - OBTAINED

Batman 618 - OBTAINED

Batman 619 (Heroes Variant)

Batman 619 (Villains Variant)

Batman 619 (Newstand Variant)

Batman 619 (Second Print)

If anyone can provide me with any leads on others I may successfully obtain, please let me know. Finding them isn't the problem, it's finding them at affordable prices. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and wish me luck!

Aww hell with it, here's links to every copy in 9.8

608 RRP

609 Double Feature

After using those BIN's, shazam! You have the whole run in 9.8 tongue.gif

Go moderns!!!!

Brian

Sheesh that was hard. In 2 hours this 9.8 collection is complete. On to the next challenge! stooges.gif

From the auction: "We start our auctions at a very low price , and never a reserve. If it sells for a low price then it SOLD for a low price !"

$500 is not a "very low price," at least not in my book.

Anyone read comics just for fun? Just to read a nice story and look at the fine talented artists working on this medium? Instead of just pumping $$$$$ all around...it must be hard to enjoy a comic, within this vision, no?

Anyone read comics just for fun?

I am currently reading my Hero for Hire run, since I missed out on those issues when I started buying Power-man as a kid.

I think the more you read, the less you feel like buying encapsulated comics.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyone read comics just for fun?

I am currently reading my Hero for Hire run, since I missed out on those issues when I started buying Power-man as a kid.

I think the more you read, the less you feel like buying encapsulated comics.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

After picking up 60 or so books at a con for 50 cents a piece.....my whole outlook changed.

BTW....At least 40 of those books were Byrne issues I was missing. cloud9.gif

Anyone read comics just for fun? Just to read a nice story and look at the fine talented artists working on this medium? Instead of just pumping $$$$$ all around...it must be hard to enjoy a comic, within this vision, no?

If you're pumping around more $$$$$ than you can comfortably afford, then it's probably hard...otherwise, no, not really. I enjoy both the cover for display and the interiors for reading.

It's just that sometimes i have the feeling that a lot of people forgot what brought them to comics...to read them and have fun, instead of just collecting slabbed/ridiculous high pricey comics.

I know "if you have a lot of $$$" go ahead, it isn't the fact of spending a lot, just the fact of completly forgoting why they do it, 27_laughing.gif.

It's just that sometimes i have the feeling that a lot of people forgot what brought them to comics...to read them and have fun, instead of just collecting slabbed/ridiculous high pricey comics.

Sounds nostalgically idealistic...even when I was a little kid, I wanted the older comics in higher grades, but I couldn't afford them. As adults, we can!

Sounds nostalgically idealistic...even when I was a little kid, I wanted the older comics in higher grades, but I couldn't afford them.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

When I was a little kid, we played baseball (or hockey in the winter) all day long, then read and talked comics on the rainy days. I had no thought of future value or condition, and bought them for the sheer entertainment value.

I couldn't imagine being 8 and wanting to buy a NM copy of Action Comics #1 to put away in a vault.

I couldn't imagine being 8 and wanting to buy a NM copy of Action Comics #1 to put away in a vault.

I wanted X-Men #1, #94, and GS #1, but I doubt putting them into a vault would've ever entered my head