• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay dead?

57 posts in this topic

I think ebay has chased a way a lot of the cheaper selling items.

"And then some guy in a suit said,"We can make more money if we focus on the big dollar items from power sellers".

They're heeding the "wisdom" of long-time big-shot dealers like BSD-DTA,

who've been complaining that they only make 5 - 7 sales per month and pay so much in e-fees.

. . . and all are seeing heaving traffic EXCEPT . . .

Watchers/potential sellers watching to see if it sells for the given price.

It's hard to believe that most of the twenty watchers would forget to bid.

Plenty of low dollar on my ebay store, check us out.

bunkybrothers

Side note overall sales have been down for the past 3 months, 25% 35%.

Bunky Brian

HEY! If I did that I'd be rained on with my own .38.

Here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=A5e&q=%22rained+on+with+his+own+.38.%22&btnG=Search

I did it for you.

They should have listened to the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The new policies as stated earlier in this thread are terrible.

And the new Beta version sucks...did they not learn from the Vista mess? Don't screw with a good thing!

This is a fine strategy for a private or family business that wants to do as well as they did last year. But a corporation has to keep growing and growing, pursuing newer markets and outlets, always moving forward like a shark. This is because they must please shareholders, many of whom may have just bought in and put pressure on management to see their stock price rise. So corporations ALWAYS mess with a good thing, and as a result we often see some really dumb strategies play out (like, to give an obvious old example, New Coke).

I'll grant that some of my recent wins have been lower than I expected, however, I still get the impression that everyone must be bidding on the same books I am. :/

Dead? No. A little slow maybe. Might pick up a bit as we get closer to the holidays (and then again, with the economy as it is, maybe not).

No shizer on the lower than expected.

Didnt you win my GL 87 :sorry:

I'll grant that some of my recent wins have been lower than I expected, however, I still get the impression that everyone must be bidding on the same books I am. :/

Dead? No. A little slow maybe. Might pick up a bit as we get closer to the holidays (and then again, with the economy as it is, maybe not).

Indeedy I did! ;) Just arrived today and I plan to oogle it a plenty while dishing out candy to the little tricksters. :grin:

That would be one of the ones that I thought would have ended higher. I *did* have my maximum bit closer to the last GPA sale (well over 400.00). I know that doesn't help you out, but I did try...kind of. ;)

Arex. :foryou:

:foryou:

Ah hell, it happens and there aint no reason to get pizzed ya know :banana:

Plus, at least some of my books went to boardies who will give em a good home :cloud9:

Plus, at least some of my books went to boardies who will give em a good home :cloud9:

lol

lol

$850 :baiting:

lol

$850 :baiting:

$125

(thumbs u

As a side question on the NO NEG feedback, and I haven't tried

to sell anything there in quite a while,

can you post positive feedback for a NPB, then place a derogitory

comment in ? Something like...

"Best non paying buyer around ! So smooth I never heard from the jerk !" ??