• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Cover Statistics?

37 posts in this topic

Great idea, Doug. :thumbsup:

I love seeing conversation about SS on any level. ;)

On a side note, I don't have a sketch cover, but am curious what's the range of cost. I know alot of guys charge as much as $100-200 for a sketch, and some are free. Couldn't any of our witnesses shed light on if they charge a premium for their time waiting? Most of my favorites are either not the kind to do sketches, or I'm sure would be out of my price range (Kubert, Kaluta, Gibbons, Gulacy, Brunner, Inafantino, etc.), or have passed on. :( OH boy, what I wouldn't give for a Doctor Who sketch cover. Or, a sweet Flash sketch. Hey, does anyone know about any generic, non-Marvel blank sketch books out there that would be good for Doctor Who or Valiant sketches?

On a side note, I don't have a sketch cover, but am curious what's the range of cost. I know alot of guys charge as much as $100-200 for a sketch, and some are free. Couldn't any of our witnesses shed light on if they charge a premium for their time waiting? Most of my favorites are either not the kind to do sketches, or I'm sure would be out of my price range (Kubert, Kaluta, Gibbons, Gulacy, Brunner, Inafantino, etc.), or have passed on. :( OH boy, what I wouldn't give for a Doctor Who sketch cover. Or, a sweet Flash sketch. Hey, does anyone know about any generic, non-Marvel blank sketch books out there that would be good for Doctor Who or Valiant sketches?

Joe Kubert Doesn't really sketch at cons. Mike Kaluta Doesn't wish to attend anymore cons. The last time we spoke he said that commissions were now very expensive. Dave Gibbons does quick headsketches at conventions. Paul Gulacy does beautiful commissions at conventions for really cheap when he feels like it, sometimes he doesn't feel like it. Brunner does pretty nice sketches for 100 bucks, Infantino does sketches depending on how he feels, they are pretty good and they start at 50 bucks for a head and shoulder sketch.

Hope this helps.

Kris, what other Fallen Son gems do you have?

Yeah! Share with the class!

Well I own the Jim Lee Todd Mcfarlane Fallen son, I own a very nice one from Dean Yeagle, One that was a gift from Javier Saltares, and one from Mike Wieringo.

I used to have more But I sold alot of them.

Ones that I sold include 2 cassady fallen sons, 1 Mark Brooks, 1 Tim Seeley (front and Back), Tom Lyle, 2 Ed Mcguiness / Dexter Vines, Herb Trimpe, Billy Tan, Rafeal Kanayan inked by John Dell, Terry Dodson, and Joe Mad.

That is just what I can remember. Plus I didn't go crazy with Fallen sons, and Secret Invasions.

Kris

Well I own the Jim Lee Todd Mcfarlane Fallen son, I own a very nice one from Dean Yeagle, One that was a gift from Javier Saltares, and one from Mike Wieringo.

Ones that I sold include 2 cassady fallen sons, 1 Mark Brooks, 1 Tim Seeley (front and Back), Tom Lyle, 2 Ed Mcguiness / Dexter Vines, Herb Trimpe, Billy Tan, Rafeal Kanayan inked by John Dell, Terry Dodson, and Joe Mad.

That is just what I can remember. Plus I didn't go crazy with Fallen sons, and Secret Invasions.

Kris

I remeber the Lee and McFralane, now that you bring them up. Did Wieringo do Cap? I've been looking for an FF piece from him for sometime now.

Joe Kubert Doesn't really sketch at cons. Mike Kaluta Doesn't wish to attend anymore cons. The last time we spoke he said that commissions were now very expensive. Dave Gibbons does quick headsketches at conventions. Paul Gulacy does beautiful commissions at conventions for really cheap when he feels like it, sometimes he doesn't feel like it. Brunner does pretty nice sketches for 100 bucks, Infantino does sketches depending on how he feels, they are pretty good and they start at 50 bucks for a head and shoulder sketch.

Hope this helps.

That does help. :thumbsup:

Hopefully, the wonderful witness who is going to get my books signed by Gibbons will be able to get a quick Dr. Who sketch for me. :wishluck: Gulacy would be amazing on a MOKF book, or on a blank cover, and I may try to have Brunner do a quick sketch for me on an SS book at the next Gem City. :) Oh wow, I'd love a doodle of Howard on a HTD #1. :cloud9:

A bunch that I own which I think are one-of-a-kind -

Dan Brereton

Eric Wolfe Hanson

Marc Silvestri (I haven't seen another Fallen Son sketch cover by him)

Matthew Clark

Michael Lark

Robert Kirkman

Sal Buscema

Talent Caldwell

Tim Seeley

Id like to see the Silvestri and Kirkman if you got the time.. :foryou:

Dan Brereton

Eric Wolfe Hanson

Matthew Clark

Michael Lark

Robert Kirkman

Sal Buscema

Talent Caldwell

Tim Seeley

Check out Raphs link in his sig to see those books.

Kris, what other Fallen Son gems do you have?

Yeah! Share with the class!

Kris

I lay claim to the fact that I picked up Cassady and McGuinness Fallen Sons way back when they were done from Kris

Dan Brereton

Eric Wolfe Hanson

Matthew Clark

Michael Lark

Robert Kirkman

Sal Buscema

Talent Caldwell

Tim Seeley

I can now add Gene Colan to my list

Dan Brereton

Eric Wolfe Hanson

Matthew Clark

Michael Lark

Robert Kirkman

Sal Buscema

Talent Caldwell

Tim Seeley

I can now add Gene Colan to my list

Can you smell the jealousy all the way up in Canada? :frustrated:

You've got to post that when you get it!