• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Cover Statistics?

37 posts in this topic

I know that Kevin has said on occssion that CGC doesn't track who signed or sketched a cover, only that "X" number have been signed of any certain issue. So, I want to put this to everyone, but Witnesses in particular, what artist has done the most sketches on blank covers?

Arthur Sydam comes to my mind, it seems everyone wants a Sudam zombie. Marc Wolfe also stands out, but it may be more for quality than quantity. David Finch also stands out as a frequent sketcher, as does Matt Wagner and Michael Avon Oeming. I'm not asking about the best covers, just the most.

To be clear, just for fun, who have you noticed doing the most sketch covers? (shrug)

And for that matter, who do you think has done the least sketch covers? (shrug)

hm

Oh what the heck, who has done the best sketch covers? (shrug)

Remember, this is all opinion based, so play nice. :baiting:

Too many things to count! I'm sure that there's quite a few "one-of-a-kind" sketch covers where the artist has only done a single sketch cover *cough* (I'm looking at you, Par2ch!) :)

I think the most sketch covers has to go out to Arthur Suydam, as you noted, then perhaps David Finch... after that, I'd think it's a toss up. Mike Perkins and Steve Epting should be on that list as well. I know they've both done a bunch for numerous people :)

In terms of the least? I'm sure there's a bunch of cover owners of people here on the forums who can confidently say that they own the only "sketch cover" from that artist.

When I get some time later, I'll post some sketch covers which I own that I still think are true 'one-of-a-kinds'

Most I would have to say either David Finch, Dexter Vines or John Romita Jr.

For least well those would be ones from Arists that dont do cons or dont sketch or dont like to sketch on covers.

I know there is one Stuart Immonen that I believe Kevin Boyd has (immonen will not sketch PERIOD)

For me its the ones that I had to contact artists directly to get who dont do shows.

Ones that come to mind in my collection

Mike Zeck (only one he has done up to now)

John Watson (doesnt do American shows lives in UK)

David Lloyd (did one as favor for me)

Bob Burden

Ron Frenz (wont do any more cause he doesnt like the limiting space of the cover)

Kevin Nowlan

Joe Jusko

Also I have seen Neal Adams studio put up some fallen son and those look increadible. Those have to be extreamly rare.

Any in my wish list (other than the Cassiday, Buscema and Simon) would be 1 of a kind as well.

I know there is one Stuart Immonen that I believe Kevin Boyd has (immonen will not sketch PERIOD)

He did that for the Hero Initiative at that convention, but a friend from NJ really pushed me to sell it for him, and it's been in his private collection since.

At Baltimore last month, Immonen did a bid for a sketch thing for Hero. I saw the Zatanna he did for one of the winners! Wow!

So I think that's the only way to get a sketch from Stuart.

I'm fairly confident that I'm one of the only people to have a slabbed Geoff Darrow sketch on a SI cover - when I got it done in Chicago, it was kinda obvious that:

a) he had no idea what CGC was

b) he had no what Secret Invasion was

Which just makes it even cooler for me :)

I'm fairly confident that I'm one of the only people to have a slabbed Geoff Darrow sketch on a SI cover - when I got it done in Chicago, it was kinda obvious that:

a) he had no idea what CGC was

b) he had no what Secret Invasion was

Which just makes it even cooler for me :)

(1 of 2 people with a Darrow SI :hi:)

Heres a link to one in the CGC gallery

http://www.cgccomics.com/gallery/details.aspx?comic=8177

he also had a FULL BODY Thor on a secret invasion on ebay but he pulled it. Must have been bought offline.

No offense to the Neal Adams addicts out there, but that Wolvie is incredibly.....eh. Still better than a lot of stuff out there, but not what I expect from Neal Adams.

(shrug)

Hey Doug,

On the rarity index, I have an Iron Fist Fallen Son coming back from Arvell Jones, who did some Marvel Premieres in the 70's. It is not unique, though. I saw him working on another one later at the con. I believe I got the 1st one done by Alan Davis as well, but he did a bunch afterward. :grin:

I have had two done by David Mack, whom I haven't seen represented here very often. His work is amazing! I also had Mike Grell do a Green Arrow for me on a Secret Invasion.

(As an aside, will someone please kick Dan DiDio in the nutz and get DC to produce a blank cover!!!!!!)

--Sean.

A bunch that I own which I think are one-of-a-kind -

Dan Brereton

Eric Wolfe Hanson

Marc Silvestri (I haven't seen another Fallen Son sketch cover by him)

Matthew Clark

Michael Lark

Robert Kirkman

Sal Buscema

Talent Caldwell

Tim Seeley