• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off-Topic: Speed up your broadband service!

27 posts in this topic

sez whom? I got 2829! Ive got a cable modem, and actually Im surprised at that figure.

But I wont complain.....

Ive got DSL at my office and notice my home cable connection is better.. frinstance, on ebay, the whole page comes up in seconds, not a bunch of pictures ata time. At first, coming off 56K, I would click a search, then look away for minutes (or walk away!) cause I knew it would take that long. Pretty soon I noticed the page was ready everytime I looked. Then I watched the screen and saw it was coming up almost immediately!! sweeet.

Go Cable.

Yeh that 2wire can't be right.. I got over 5,000 on there. Is that even possible?

Brian

On cable it's possible, especially late at night. But you might compare with one of the site's listed in the first post. Most of those run a longer test. My results with 2wire didn't vary more than about 5 percent over many tries and it agrees with the results from several other sites.