• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellboy/ BPRD

22 posts in this topic

Since you are already familiar with the BPRD from the Hellboy movies I would say no, I don't think you would be lost if you just read the BPRD books.

Agreed.

Forgot about Lobster Johnson. I was excited when it was being previewed. But it was quite a bit of a let-down. Honestly, I'd probably pass on it.

Pat

Love BPRD. Much more so than Hellboy.

Definitely give it a shot.

There was also an Abe Sapien mini (might have been two, but I'm tired) recently. Honestly, my least favorite BPRD book in the whole run.

Personally, I'd read it the way they were released. It flows perfectly fine that way. Otherwise, it might ruin revelations that occur during the normal progression.

Pat

I second everything above - as well as Pat's comments about being disappointed with the Lobster Johnson mini. One reason BPRD is more interesting than the Hellboy titles is the interpersonal relationships between the team members that evolve from issue to issue. Guy Davis' art is a big plus - though he is not to everyone's taste - but I've loved his work ever since he did Sandman Mystery Theatre. BPRD is always the first book I read whenever I pick it up at the LCS.