• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Treasury Comics

213 posts in this topic

I happened to find a stash of some really obscure Treasury Comics yesterday. Books I had never bothered to notice (they must have come from a collection I purchased some years back and never bothered to account for in my inventory). A couple of UG's and variants too. While the content is not crude or objectionable, it can be graphic and inappropriate for those under the age of 18, so if I can find the time to post them this weekend, I am going to have to come up with a way to post them with an age filter. Unless of course you guys would rather I skip them and stick to the mainstream publishers. Let me know.

I love Treasuries. I still have almost all mine from childhood, beat as they are. Gotta love the wraparound Neal Adams on the Ras Al Ghul. And I read the Legion of Super-Heroes one with Mordru practically inside-out.

I actually used to have a hard-cover version of the Detective 27 one. I have no idea where I got it, but sold it to a local dealer (read: scammer) for probably $10 when I was a kid. That's one I wish I had back.

The Collected Adventures of Harold Hedd - First Print (all later prints include a Last Gasp logo)

Harold Hedd by Rand Holmes is Canada's version of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. I would probably classify this as one of the toughest of the Treasuries, and ranks up there as one of the tougher and more sought after first print UG's.

Those are superb copies comicwiz. Here is my copy of Marvel treasury #1 which i won on ebay with 20 or so other Marvel treasury's, it is in a mylar sleeve and fullback board bought from Gerber years ago. Picture066.jpg

That's a gorgeous copy! That book is so tough to find in high-grade. I've been looking for the signed copy for years