• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

Wow, that's an amazing find, guys! Now all I have to do is scour the globe to get my hands on one... :insane:

And it looks an awful lot like a first app to me. I wonder how CGC is going to handle this one.

Just out of curiosity, how long have you known about this book, and how the heck did you find it? :o

michael... he needs to calm down... i just read his post and his pm to me kissing butt.... he will pay top dollar for any book from me.. i was going to sell him a mid grade book for a hundo but not now...

Edited by bcruze

TJ is meetingh Eric Powell today to get his thoughts on the book... What will cgc do w/ all these books from avatar #! that say first app? Is this 4 page from dreamwalker only good enough for a cameo? I hope not...This should be a first full app.. This is why the other day TJ started a thread on how many pages does it take for a first App... So now that this has been broke wide open what everybodyd thoughts???? Mine opinion is this is a bonified first app!

comicbookdb.com has always had the Dreamwalker #0 as the first appearance of the Goon (and Frankie):

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=66108

The Comicbook database is where I ran across the information regarding it. Unfortunately, databases are not always accurate and it is nice to see some actual confirmation of the appearance.

Thanks for posting the scans, bcruze.....

Edited by usagigoya

that has to be the 1st appearance, 4 pages cant be a cameo.the goons up there now with harley quinn for the most debated 1st appearance. how long have you known about this book? amazing find and amazingly jealious!! good on you too, you,ve both helped me greatly on goon rarities in the past so its fitting you and TJ have them.

that has to be the 1st appearance, 4 pages cant be a cameo.the goons up there now with harley quinn for the most debated 1st appearance. how long have you known about this book? amazing find and amazingly jealious!! good on you too, you,ve both helped me greatly on goon rarities in the past so its fitting you and TJ have them.

:shy: They're not the only ones that have copies of this book.

Let me guess You bought all the dreamwalker #0 for $3.00 a piece. I cant argue that.

that story has nothing to do w/ the first avatar issue so cgc cant say its a preview like they did w/ avatar illustrated summer 98

False,it is in Goon #1 pages 25-28.

Edited by catch21

So, is the Dreamwalker story actually a short story reprinted in the first issue or just a preview of a segment of the full story from The Goon #1 (Avatar).

Sorry, I do not own a copy of the Avatar issue #1 or Rough Stuff, so I can't look myself.

I asked him on his webpage, now we just wait for his response.

Edited by catch21