• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,064 posts in this topic

At least in Colorado, I don't think it does that well. I think a lot of it has to do with not getting on the wagon early enough.

I'm curious, how many LCS' use computers in their shop? Here, almost none. Seems foolish not to.

Pat

I would think that Goon is probably Dark Horse's strongest seller behind Hellboy.

Two great characters from an amazing company. :cloud9:

Glad I never parted with my Dark Horse Presents 1s. That first issue said it all how powerful the characters were that would fall under the DH banner.

dhp1.jpg

I would think that Goon is probably Dark Horse's strongest seller behind Hellboy.

Nah, Buffy The Vampire Slayer is by far the crown jewel of Dark Horse - it sells more than twice the number of copies of the book in the Dark Horse #2 spot (Star Wars Legacy) and is usually in the top 10-15 of all manufacturers combined.

After that you have Conan, Hellboy, Umbrella Academy, BPRD, the other Star Wars titles, and somewhere after that Goon shows up - it's a very hot title here on the boards, but we're definitely the exception, not the rule.

GREAT art, Lebowski! That Ramos Goon is fantastic--I loved his art in the Goon Noir story he drew.

Also, anyone know if Eric is going to Baltimore? I know he was on the site a little while ago, but now his name's not there.

That would suck, as it's my only con for this year... :mad:

Wow, that's AWESOME, Ash! I love Eric's Batman.

And, with respect to Baltimore...that's just not good news. I was lucky enough to meet Eric last year at B'more, and buy some art (and not to mention every sketchbook and a couple of hats) so it's not like I need anything this time around.

Though a Norton's Pub hat would have been nice... :eek:

Wow, that's AWESOME, Ash! I love Eric's Batman.

And, with respect to Baltimore...that's just not good news. I was lucky enough to meet Eric last year at B'more, and buy some art (and not to mention every sketchbook and a couple of hats) so it's not like I need anything this time around.

Though a Norton's Pub hat would have been nice... :eek:

Didn't happen to be the final page of Goon #5, did it? :baiting: