• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,064 posts in this topic

Nice eBay auctions ending, I got sniped on each book but it's ok.

I feel bad for the guy who paid 900$ for the Albatross #1, it sold for less than 300$...

dont feel bad for me or ffcomics as we both bought one for 900.00.. feel bad for the seller who only sold his for 300 last night.. This book is worth more then 900.00 there are only four of them! its worth every penny.. By far the hardest book of the goon series to get in 9.8... I wouldnt let mine go for a 2000.00 right now. I was going to take the one last night but decided to give it to TJ as he needed it more then myself!

So feel bad for the guy who took a major loss in the pocket and gave the book away! I know what my book is worth...

Edited by bcruze

the seller of last nights auctions shot himself in the foot by selling all those books on the same day!.. if he would of sold 1 at a time he would of ended up getting top dollar.. I also think if he sold the vol 2 #1 by itself he would of got the 900.00..

I feel bad for the guy who paid 900$ for the Albatross #1, it sold for less than 300$...

dont feel bad for me or ffcomics as we both bought one for 900.00.. feel bad for the seller who only sold his for 300 last night.. This book is worth more then 900.00 there are only four of them! its worth every penny.. By far the hardest book of the goon series to get in 9.8... I wouldnt let mine go for a 2000.00 right now. I was going to take the one last night but decided to give it to TJ as he needed it more then myself!

So feel bad for the guy who took a major loss in the pocket and gave the book away! I know what my book is worth...

(thumbs u

Why would I feel bad for a guy who probably made 250$ of profit on a modern book?... It was his choice and the market dictated the price.

oh I'm more then sure he was banking on the book selling at a higher price. I offered to buy that very book 3 months ago from him and he wanted well over a grand for it. I went w/ the cheaper book at 900.00.. very happy w/ my copy! all I'm saying if he had just sold that book by itself would have pulled more money

2c

Edited by bcruze

I'm not sure what the reasonning behind that is... I wanted it and TJ wanted it (that I know of), that makes 2 buyers and neither of us wanted it badly enough to pay more than 300$ for it... I dont think the market extends too much past these Boards... in my opinion anyway.

Oh...I wanted it. :cloud9:

I know how much I was ready to spend if need be and I can't really speculate too much further on anything else. The Avatar #1 also went for below recent sales figures as well. Prices were down across the board on these slabs, so I can't really look at one issue taking a steep price decline as the book isn't worth what it was selling for a couple of months ago.

The economic downturn, combined with a Monday end time on the auctions, added with the fact that a few of the Goon heavy hitters weren't in contention for these books (as they already own them), and you have a recipe for soft prices. 2c

I'm not sure what the reasonning behind that is... I wanted it and TJ wanted it (that I know of), that makes 2 buyers and neither of us wanted it badly enough to pay more than 300$ for it... I dont think the market extends too much past these Boards... in my opinion anyway.

I personally think it's a bit too early to tell with Goon - there are some die-hard Goon fans on these boards which have been instrumental in driving up prices, but once they have the books they need, the question is whether there'll be an outside group of collectors willing to step in & take over the bidding wars. Based on these latest auctions it doesn't look to be the case at the moment, but only time will tell, really ...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Goon and I wish all his books will be worth tons of money. But you can't argue that it's a niche book with relatively little exposure. I really hope the movie helps bring in new readers and collectors. A new issues now and again wouldn't hurt either :)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Goon and I wish all his books will be worth tons of money. But you can't argue that it's a niche book with relatively little exposure. I really hope the movie helps bring in new readers and collectors. A new issues now and again wouldn't hurt either :)

New issues are coming out shortly and should retain a regular schedule for a while. Eric has been busy writing the Goon movie -script, which he actually just finished the first draft of.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewtopic.php?t=16218&sid=472bc01bad87163eafcf279064646f01