• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Weird Fantasy 15

17 posts in this topic

My first post here, so hopefully it will work OK. This particular issue was the subject of an (amicable enough) dispute with the seller. I'd welcome your views, and later on I'll post the seller's initial grade and the final result.

WF15front.jpg

wf15back.jpg

Thanks in advance for your time.

I should have added a couple of extra things that aren't obvious in the scan.

The staples are tight (although the top one doesn't look it). The gloss is good too.

I'm still gonna go 4.0/4.5, due to the impact creasing on the bottom edge, the chip on top right, and the blunted corners... Not sure what CGC's stance is on the effect of the chip on the grade, but that looks to be the biggest defect...

Nope, no discount for the canadian edition. I bought this mail order from a well known major dealer. I will give them the pseudonym of... let me see... how about 'Well Above Sea Level Comics'.

I bought a copy at VF - and this is what turned up. After complaining, they offered to do a full refund, or partial refund if I wanted to keep it as a 'fine'. I opted to keep it, but am starting to wonder if I was dumb to do so.

This was an expensive lesson in what not to do.

doh!

I've never bought from them myself - everything they have seems so expensive.

I'd call them and some more to see if you can get your $ back if you are that unimpressed.

Did you know it was the CDN edition?

Perhaps Im too generous, but I'd give it a 5.5 - 6.0.

If that chip in the top right wasn't there.....I might go even higher. That is a FINE looking book .....IMO

Hi Guys - thanks for your opinions. Pretty much what I thought.

No, I didn't know it was Canadian when I ordered it - they use stock photos, not actual items. The one redeeming feature of this debacle was that they had a very steep discount at the time. It may also be a tad better in hand than in the scan, perhaps 5.5. The book still cost me $150 though. I agreed to keep it and wasn't looking to start over on complaining, just doing a sanity check that my grading wasn't too far off.

BTW Mio, I envy your ECs that you have posted here. I aim to have a nice collection myself one day.

Cheers,

Andrew

You shouldn't be too let-down... it's still a nice book. I've never had a copy of that one.

I have a few sci-fi books for sale if you're interested (see selling thread). Thanks for the compliments re my collection - I was so happy this last year when the CDN$ was at par so I could acquire some nice books... But I'm slowing down for now.

You shouldn't be too let-down... it's still a nice book. I've never had a copy of that one.

I have a few sci-fi books for sale if you're interested (see selling thread). Thanks for the compliments re my collection - I was so happy this last year when the CDN$ was at par so I could acquire some nice books... But I'm slowing down for now.

Tell me about it. Try buying with the Aussie dollar. Was very nearly par a few months ago, but now the 'Pacific Peso' is at 0.67.

Tell you what, I'll swap all of your Canadian dollars for Australian ones. ;)