• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Mega Fest in Massachusetts, Nov 22 & 23

48 posts in this topic

Well, there were some comic book dealers there. Was actually set up next to Paul of Toon Tumblers fame (the glasses look great on my Yankee End Table by the way) so the conversations we had throughout the show made the days go by a little quicker. The show had a lot of people, but they were there for autographs and really didnt spend too much money in the delaer's area.

Met some nice people though. Had dinner with some friends. Saw Peter Tork from the Monkees perform Saturday night with his band Shoe Suede Blue's which was kind of cool. Not really something i would go to the store and buy, but I like blue's music and they were very good.

Good show to have fun at, but not worth it to set up. At least for me.

Jeff

How was the show?

:sick:

lol Details? Anyone else who went care to chime in?

Very little comics or comic related stuff. Mostly an autograph seeker's show. Or if you're looking for pirated dvds....I don't know why, but this is a big pet peeve for me. And I don't understand how promoters allow these dealers to set up. It's clearly illegal. If they are busting college kids for downloading half a dozen songs, with huge fines, then these people should be held accountable. rantrant

For the $ 44.00 it cost for me and the boy to get in, completely a waste of time and money.......Although it was nice to see a few people I knew. -

I'll never do the show again. -

How was the show?

:sick:

lol Details? Anyone else who went care to chime in?

Or if you're looking for pirated dvds....I don't know why, but this is a big pet peeve for me. And I don't understand how promoters allow these dealers to set up. It's clearly illegal.

There were arrests at the show for DVDs. You can thank the person who ratted out the Boston show in April.