• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An open QP question for Beyonder with pic.

30 posts in this topic

Ok I have a QP question for you Beyonder. Journey Into Mystery #84 is one of the rarest comics around. There is one 9.4 one 9.2 and two 9.0s. Only one of the 9.0s has been sold recently and it was at heritage.

http://apps.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=12061&Lot_No=31222&src=pr&sid=8744CB620F20BF8F9E61A51516C0464D

So it's the best available copy but it isn't perfectly centered. If you had the money would you buy it? Do you factor rareity of the comic into your QP? If it's a rare comic does your QP idea fly out the window or would you wait for 3 or more years for a one of the other three copies to be sold?

Not meant to be a personal attack but rather a QP ?

Eric

Due to the rarity of the book in question....I would purchase that 9.0 thumbsup2.gif

What if the other copies don't become available?

As for the QP.....that book has nice FC eye appeal .

That miswrap to the BC probably wouldn't concern me too much......if I needed that book for my collection.

Not sure if I've answered your question at all, but I'm sure you'll let me know if I didn't..... hi.gif

BTW.....do the other copies have better QP?

12061014020r.jpg

PQ, QP, FC??? FU! sumo.gif (JK! stooges.gif )

27_laughing.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^] MK, I was just going to make the EXACT same post.

Beyonder you answered my question perfectly. I just wanted to know if rareity was an issue or if you would never buy a book with poor QP. I have never seen the other 9.0 or 9.2 and I believe that Bronzebruce posted a pic of the 9.4 somewhere. If I recall it looked centered perfectly but there was no pic of the back cover. If anyone knows where it is could they post it here please? And as for the buying a 9.0 to fill in a hard hole in your collection with low QP I would and did. smile.gif

Eric

Beyonder how do you feel about the translucency of this book and other books?

Hard to comment when it comes to slabs....the microchamber paper enhances it.

I've never really come across a book where cover translucency was a factor.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Well, congratulations. Here's a picture of a rather snobbish-looking rubber ducky. Were you going to make THAT exact same post, too?

snooty.jpg

stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif

Well, congratulations. Here's a picture of a rather snobbish-looking rubber ducky. Were you going to make THAT exact same post, too?

snooty.jpg

ginsu2000.jpg

27_laughing.gif

snooty.jpg

ginsu2000.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif