• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ART DAY!

2 posts in this topic

Hi there

Most of my interests in OA lie in pre-1970s work. With regard to current artists, there isn't a great deal to excite me.

Sometimes I see (modern) talent that is difficult to ignore. Artists like Mike Mayhew and Eric Powell spring to mind.

In recent years, an American friend has highlighted to me the work of British artist Kev Walker. As a result, I'd taken a mental note to acquire some examples of the artist's work (which, in some ways, reminds me of Richard Corben's art).

A few weeks ago I came across a nice example of Kev's color work being offered on the Bay (from a strip called 'Judge Anderson', which I know absolutely nothing about . . . I just liked the artwork!). Surprisingly, I won the art at its minimum bid price of £50 (which roughly works out at about $80). High quality work at a really low price. Something I'm not exactly used to!

I'm not usually a collector of interior pages, but this was too nice (and bargain-priced) to pass on . . .

f3gsv4.jpg

Artwork minus speech balloons

j11ve9.jpg

With speech balloons (on overlay)

i2jclk.jpg

Close-up of upper-half