• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

need some input on my Iron Fist #14 .35 cent variant....

17 posts in this topic

I know this book has been discussed before... I bought it a few months after the discussion about it. I am thinking of sending it to CGC and would like to get a few opinions..

first... what does anyone think it will grade. I bought it from a fellow forum member who I think did a very accurate job

But as it will cost me 50 bucks to have it graded... does anyone think it is worth slabbing? my guess is an 8.0 but i could be a bit high (7.5 at least) cause i am partial to this book.

any ideas what this book in this grade slabbed would bring.

all input is appreciated

here is the front

321406-ironfist14b2.JPG

if i remember correctly, isnt yours a 9.0? (yea i may be a little envious lol)

any guesses on what this 7.5 slabbed might do? tough to get ANY idea from ebay. the only one i see is a 6.0 that never hits the reserve.

i'm considering sellin it but I am a little worried that after grading fees and what i paid for it on ebay, i may not make any cash... or even break even for that matter.

never underestimate the power of divorce... the only thing i wanted to part with was my wife... now i might have to part with some of my comics as well. 893frustrated.gif

Just sign up for the Collector's Society. Voila 3 express coupons for 99 dollars and you can look up serial #'s smile.gif

Brian

i need to see if you can get the same deal if you re-subsribe. my year membership should be up soon. i did that last year and used them on some hulk 181..... OOPS! never mind.

but it is a much better deal.

looks like you were right on the money.... here is a scan of the slabbed book! news.gif

364418-If14.jpg

seems a bit stiff to me.... but on the upside it looks as if the imaging has gotten better! i actually had to shrink this about 25 percent to get the file size down.

364418-If14.jpg.f9070ee2f65fb44193336af935f3a9db.jpg

Let us know when you list it! Where did you get that book from anyway thumbsup2.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

funny enough story... i had to have it mailed from across a very big pond. the sad thing is that i live in northeast ohio (one of the areas that i think this book was marketed in) and to get one, it had to come from the UK... go figger? anyhow i will let everyone know when i list it as none of the BSD's have PM'd me with a huge offer that i cant refuse foreheadslap.gif

sign-offtopic.gif

and speaking of BSDs... is there a list of books i can buy to become a BSD? i would like to actually approach CGC about my own pedigree... THE BSD COLLECTION. But i want to make sure that i have all the mandatory BSD books so they dont turn me away...

another sign-offtopic.gif

in case anyone noticed that the 35 cent variant notation is not on the slab... Paul Litch PM'd me within minutes of posting this pic to let me know it and made arrangements for it to be fixed ASAP. fortunately Gemma and i had already arranged to fix it but wanted to give a shout out to both of them for the effort and enthusiasm in fixing a minor error. thanks to both. thumbsup2.gif