• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Usagi Yojimbo: Grasscutter II

17 posts in this topic

I was looking for a few Usagi TPBs and I saw that nice copies of book 15, Grasscutter II, are in the $100 range. Any reason for this? Do copies on eBay bring that much? I guess I am lucky to have one, must be out of print.

Is that for the regular TPB, or the signed HC? Seems like pretty steep for the regular TPB.

The regular one. Here is the link...

2 new at $120, beaters at $40 and up.

http://www.amazon.com/Grasscutter-II-Journey-Atsuta-Yojimbo/dp/1569716609/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226091268&sr=8-3

amazon hm

You should be able to find the regular one for a normal price. Good luck and it is one of the better stories.

Dan

I think there are only a few that are not currently in print: 12, 15, and 17. The rest are readily available, so I'm not sure a complete run would do that well. (I've been piecing the run together from Diamond, and those are the only ones I'm missing).

I think its an amazing run of comics.....a must read for any comic fan. Not sure what to compare it to, maybe Bone because its different, simple but yet just awesome.

How's the read? Anything it's remotely close too to compare?

I have 2 complete Usagi TP runs.....might be time to unload one of them. I sold a 1-9 TP run on ebay last year, I tried here first but I got very little response. I think Andy was the only one who even responded to the post.

I would have been interested but I have all the early ones, my holes are from # 12 to 18 I think for the TPBs.

How's the read? Anything it's remotely close too to compare?

It's like Conan ... with less babes and more bunnies and rhinos.

Joking aside, Usagi Yojimbo is kind of a smart Conan series.

Usagi wanders around medieval Japan, encountering adventures about: spirits and demons, scared swords, plotting fiefdom officials, with recurring characters: Domoe (?), Jen, ... and there is an overarching story about Usagi's deceased Lord along with flashbacks about the time Usagi was not a ronin but a samurai.

Conan wanders around Hyborea, encountering adventures about: spirits and demons, scared swords, plotting fiefdom officials, with recurring characters: Red Sonja, and others, ... and there is an overarching story about Conan's rise to become a king along with flashback about the time Conan was a child, a thief, a man-at-arms, pirate, ...

It truly has the same atmosphere in the end.