• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrossGen-Were Any of the Storylines Wrapped Up?

27 posts in this topic

Alright, a little late to the party, but i've recently been picking up chunks of some of the CrossGen books (Crux, Route 666, Kiss Kiss/Bang Bang, etc.). I've actually enjoyed most of what I've read. Were the storylines ever wrapped up anywhere? I'm missing the last few issues of both Crux & Route 666 & wondered if it was worth searching out the missing books for some type of completion, or if the books just ended in middle of storylines?

The only one I was reading was Sojourn, and it wasn't done yet. The last few issues felt like they were really trying to wrap it up, but not soon enough. If it ever gets back on stable ground, it could be done either in 3 issues or 33.

Yah.

Many have said they bought all the IPs after the company tanked just to bottle up the pirate character as perceived competition for their upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean feature.

I think that's a bit of a stretch myself.

Last I heard they still own everything though, with no plans to do anything with it.

Last I heard they still own everything though, with no plans to do anything with it.

They did repackage the Abadazad comics into picture books but that's the only thing I've seen come out.

I read El Cazador but that got cut short with no resolution and Ruse which had an end of a sort. Too bad 'cuz I really liked that book. :(

Have you read the new Abadazad books? I didn't realize the picture books had been released already. Are they like the comic was? I was really looking forward to this series when it came out and it only made it 3 issues. It is strange how on the brink of folding they put out Abadazad, El Cazador, and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for 3 issues. You would think the writing was on the wall by the time they were getting ready to go into production on this.

Have you read the new Abadazad books? I didn't realize the picture books had been released already. Are they like the comic was?

I saw them at my local Target a year or so ago. The format was text interspeced (sp?) with drawings from the comic book. I don't know if they took the story beyond what appeared in the comics.

In fact, that's how it's reviewed on Amazon: "diary entries interspersed with spot and full-page pictures and short episodes of sequential art."

Abadazad Amazon Link

Thanks for the link! The price point seems good but I am not sure I would like it in that format. The Amazon preview had a couple of comics pages mixed in with it all too. I'll have to take a peek at them next time I head to Borders.

I recently found an Abadazad book at a Flea Market. Picked it up and seemed to start out like the comic (at least I recognized some panels) then went into the diary format. I didn't buy it.

I miss the CrossGen Universe. I started at the beginning and think the majority of the company's output was outstanding...with the exception of Sigil and the First which I could never get into.

Jim

First - The artwork killed this book for me. Could have been a cool Thor-esque book if done correctly. Would have been neat to see how it would of fit into Negation War.

Sigil - Losing the Lai Brothers (think that was the artists) so quickly is what really turned me off on this book. After the 1st few, it looked atrocious. Probably the biggest disappointment from the early Crossgen books.

I totally agree that their output was outstanding. Negation is still one of my all-time favs. Really sad to know that they will never see the light of day again (argh Disney!).

Pat

Sigil - Losing the Lai Brothers (think that was the artists) so quickly is what really turned me off on this book. After the 1st few, it looked atrocious. Probably the biggest disappointment from the early Crossgen books.

The Lai Brothers art was the only thing that made the first few issues readable. Really really nice... (thumbs u

Whatever happened to them?

Jim

The Lai Brothers art was the only thing that made the first few issues readable. Really really nice... (thumbs u

Jim

They got Laid off? (shrug):insane:

Jim

They got Laid off? (shrug):insane:

lol Well yeah I knew that...

Was wondering if they're still doing comics work. They were quite good...

Jim