• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrossGen-Were Any of the Storylines Wrapped Up?

27 posts in this topic

Sigil - Losing the Lai Brothers (think that was the artists) so quickly is what really turned me off on this book. After the 1st few, it looked atrocious. Probably the biggest disappointment from the early Crossgen books.

The Lai Brothers art was the only thing that made the first few issues readable. Really really nice... (thumbs u

Whatever happened to them?

Jim

They got Laid off? (shrug):insane:

Actually they quit after only 2 or 3 issues of Sigil because of 'creative diffrences'.

Don't know what those were.

Also don't know if they're even working in the industry anymore.

Actually they quit after only 2 or 3 issues of Sigil because of 'creative diffrences'.

Actually I think they were fired because they couldn't keep up with the monthly schedule...

Jim

Actually I think they were fired because they couldn't keep up with the monthly schedule...

Jim

I think they've got problems with schedules. A shame because I loved their work too. On the flip side, CrossGen wasn't know for treating their people the best (at least toward the backside of the company's existence).

I know they did a few issues of Birds of Prey. Got a lot of excitement on the book again. But they didn't last long.

They also did their own book. I think it was Rad-X or something like that. A so-so book. I'm sure there wasn't enough interest to keep it going past a few issues.

Pat

Already mentioned in this thread, my favorites were Abadazad, El Cazador, and the beautifully illustrated four issue mini Chimera.

I loved the Chimera mini series what a great read. I was really looking forward to more... :( it's too bad.

Already mentioned in this thread, my favorites were Abadazad, El Cazador, and the beautifully illustrated four issue mini Chimera.

I loved the Chimera mini series what a great read. I was really looking forward to more... :( it's too bad.

I wasn't too familiar with CrossGen at the time so Chimera almost slipped under my radar. Great story with beautiful art!

In a way I'm glad it was only four issues as at least it was completed before CrossGen closed up shop. I would've hated not being able to read the last issue!

I have no recollection of this book now but do recall rather enjoying it at the time.