• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would an English bloke go about getting his Books Sig Series witnessed?

11 posts in this topic

Pretty long thread title I suppose, and it doesn't leave me much to say in the post!

I have had a browse through the forums before posting this but couldn't find anything, so apologies if it's been asked and answered before.

I have found one witness on Ebay advertising that they can get your books signed, but they have not replied to my emails.

So basically, yeah - how can I get my books signed in front of a witness without having to physically travel to the States.

Pisser I left my old job really, I used to work in the States a lot.

We have plenty of witnesses on the boards, myself included. Kevin Boyd tends to start a thread on the upcoming conventions and the witnesses usually post if they are going to accept submissions to the show. You can then contact the witness through these boards and arrange everything else.

Danny

You don't have to be physically present to get your books signed and witnessed. Just find a witness (through this board, NOT EBAY!) who is willing to help you out with your submissions and ship them your books. They'll take care of the signing and submitting to CGC and then arrange shipment of the books back to you.

Easy-peasy!

I guess it also depends on who you want to sign your books. Usually there are a few witnesses that attend most shows and some witnesses that attend almost if not all of the majors shows (hint hint). lol But if you are looking for a particular creator, then you should just keep an eye on the boards for announcements. An example being, lets say you wanted ummm.. Stan Lee for example. If you look on the boards you will notice that for the most part there is only one witness to go to get your books signed by Stan. That would be some guy name Desert Wind Comics. He's an ok guy. Gets a little pissey at times, but a good guy none the less. So I would just keep an eye on the boards for the creators you are looking for or ask around as to who handles the shows that has the creators you are wanting. You can also call CGC or ask Kevin Boyd and ask them if they know anyone who has any signings going. I hope this helps.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics (opps cat is out of the bag) lol

I guess it also depends on who you want to sign your books. Usually there are a few witnesses that attend most shows and some witnesses that attend almost if not all of the majors shows (hint hint). lol But if you are looking for a particular creator, then you should just keep an eye on the boards for announcements. An example being, lets say you wanted ummm.. Stan Lee for example. If you look on the boards you will notice that for the most part there is only one witness to go to get your books signed by Stan. That would be some guy name Desert Wind Comics. He's an ok guy. Gets a little pissey at times, but a good guy none the less. So I would just keep an eye on the boards for the creators you are looking for or ask around as to who handles the shows that has the creators you are wanting. You can also call CGC or ask Kevin Boyd and ask them if they know anyone who has any signings going. I hope this helps.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Shameless. ;)

And while we're on the topic of English blokes, what we really need is an English bloke to be a witness so we can get sigs from creators like Alan Moore that never make it across the pond.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Shameless. ;)

And while we're on the topic of English blokes, what we really need is an English bloke to be a witness so we can get sigs from creators like Alan Moore that never make it across the pond.

Well I'd gladly volunteer for that. I know a lot of people here in blighty would love an English based witness for Sig Series, myself included. If CGC see it as an option, I know a lot of respected dealers who would fit the bill. I'd be glad to do it myself.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

I was going to say hi today,but you had the crinklebrow goin' on :eek: