• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senormacs 5 book blow out !!

20 posts in this topic

Well, its my first go round here in the selling thread. Hope I have the right attitude about this.....which is.......give the fellow boardies a chance to buy them before you give the general public a shot at em. Hey, we're a team right.....we gotta stick together? I know, I know.....NO SCANNER....you'll just have to look at my digital camera pics...and my descriptions......cuz thats whats gonna be on ebay if no one wants em here. Hopefully my prices will win a buyer. Couple Captain Marvels.....couple a DC wars.......and a Hogarth Tarzan. I'm trying to come up with enough to buy something else I saw.....any help will be appreciated.

BTW......I'm not in too big a hurry. Its Saturday.....I just started my vacation....and I'm drinkin "RACER 5 IPA" from Bear Republic Brewing. Its a very tasty brew with an ABV of 7.0. I'm on my third beer.....but I should get all five books up by the end of the day...... :grin:

I suppose the standard guidlines of first :takeit: wins the book. And who knows.....by beer 5 or 6 I might start putting up some books I wasn't intending to list.

IMG_3407.jpg

Ok.....first book. Captain Marvel Adventures #109 from 1950. I give it a VG 4.0 - 4.5 . Theres no writing.....no marks.....no creases BUT......

its kinda dirty. Looks like something spilt on it sometime in the past. Book lies flat with reasonable gloss except for the dirtiness. Bottom staple is rusty. 1/8 inch tear on right edge of cover. Two pages interior at center have 1/2 inch tears right edge. Staples tight to all pages.

$35

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

Ok.....first book. Captain Marvel Adventures #109 from 1950. I give it a VG 4.0 - 4.5 . Theres no writing.....no marks.....no creases BUT......

its kinda dirty. Looks like something spilt on it sometime in the past. Book lies flat with reasonable gloss except for the dirtiness. Bottom staple is rusty. 1/8 inch tear on right edge of cover. Two pages interior at center have 1/2 inch tears right edge. Staples tight to all pages.

$35

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

its says GRIND on the cover :banana::takeit:

Heres a sweet looking Whiz #116 from 1949. I grade it a 7.5 . Book lies flat and clean with no writing and no creases. Top left back cover has slight double bend. Staples are tight through all pages. Bottom staple has rust and back cover outer edge has some slight tears (see pics)

$120

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

Heres an Overstreet listing error......Its Sparkler # 90 WITH HOGARTH TARZAN !!! For some reason, Overstreet lists the last Tarzan as issue #86.....but its not true !

This book is cherry !! Smooth, crisp and flat !! Staples tight and corners sharp. No writing. No tears. No creases. Interior pages are like un-read in their newness. Only mark against it is the beginings of rust on staples. 8.5

$40

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

Heres a Star Spangled War Stories #70 from 1958. Book lies flat and crisp but cover has some moisture waves. No rust. No writing. No creases. Outside edge has 1/2 inch dust shadow. Corners sharp.....colors bright......cover glossy. Tiny chip, back cover, mid edge.......5.5 - 6.0

$40

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

Heres an Our Army At War # 66 from 1958 with an early Russ Heath story.

Cover has some moisture waves. but is glossy, with nice corners and tight staples. No rust !!! There is a grease pencil mark in the "A" of Army front cover. There is a 1/4 chip on the right edge, front cover and a slight dust shadow on right edge. Very solid book. 5.5 - 6.0

$40

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

I play in a custom map server......and the maps change out weekly. Old maps out.....new maps in......Its a great server.....and probably gonna be the last CoD2 server to remain operating. We usually have a 20 on 20 game.....trip wire.....sniper scope x 3..........parachute in to landing.......its fun.

Last bump for the remaining 4 books.

Whiz #116 --------$120

Sparkler #90 ------$40

OAAW #66---------$40

SSWS #70 --------$40

Oh humble begining that it is. :)