• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

These books are too expensive to not deserve a scan

9 posts in this topic

Rant on

Superboy #1

Superboy #3

Am I alone in thinking that if people want to sell expensive books like these that potential customers at least deserve nice scans of front and back covers? Especially that Superboy #1. That seller has thousands of feedbacks, and he can't post a decent scan of the front and back cover? 893frustrated.gif

Cheap good scanners are $99!

And of coarse, CGC books are usually sold non returnable basis. I think some sellers are using CGC as an excuse to not do a better job of showing us thier books.

Rant off

I was going to say that with a graded book like that the front should be sufficient for an auction. However after looking at the census, there are 42 graded copies fo all grade levels. That being the case I would want to see the back cover, because that could be some of the grade defects.

I've got more of a problem with the $25 "processing and delivery fee". He does go into great length describing what you get for your $25 but for items that go for this kind of money....why not, give FREE SHIPPING? Just a thought. shocked.gif

Without knowing the story behind the auction, the seller could be taking a loss on the book and doesn't want to eat the shipping costs too. Of course if you were paying $2300 for the book, what's another $25-50 in shipping?

Ya he goes into what shipping covers, NOT MUCH tonofbricks.gif you'd think for thta price that insurance might be included. How can consignment be factored in there, that means essentially that they are a way station and did not purchase to book outright, nice try.

Oh and offer at a low starting bid.... they put a reserve on it... then they go into how they might be on the road for 3-4 weeks so you book may not get there for 6 weeks.... well I might be on the road too so I might not pay for 6 weeks.

And if the shipping fee includes logging the book in and out of their warehouse, then you would think that there would be someone there IN THE WAREHOUSE TO SHIP THE BOOK WHILE THESE TURKIES ARE ON THE ROAD.

Its a pretty pathetic justification for what that shipping charge is, its a BP, its a juice charge basically a non-logged business tax from the buyer to the seller that I bet DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE PROFIT BOOKS. Have a mind to call my uncle at the IRS to stick an audit cattle prod up their 893censored-thumb.gif and see if any shipping $$$ comes out10_1_9.gif

I looked at these earlier and the seller has a number of books I'd like. Mind you, he has 8000+ listings at the moment, so he probably has a number of books that most people would like. But his prices ? Sheesh 893frustrated.gif