• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a general question to anyone selling books here.

29 posts in this topic

a general question to anyone selling books here.

if you are selling comics, do you mind small orders? or would you prefer not shipping 1 or 2 books for lets say 20.00 and have the buyer hold off to see if your listing more books to add to the pile?

That would be up to the seller. Just pm them and ask. Some do mind and some don't.

R.

If the buyer is paying the shipping costs, I don't see why any seller would have a problem with it. (shrug)

Me neither.

I've sold and shipped a number of single books, worth less than $15, but it's all good. (thumbs u

That would be up to the seller. Just pm them and ask. Some do mind and some don't.

R.

If the buyer is paying the shipping costs, I don't see why any seller would have a problem with it. (shrug)

True, but then I just don't have the time to list 100's of lower $ books so I suppose I would not even be in this situation. I usually just move bulk under $10 locally.

On the flip side I don't mind if someone starts a pile and then adds to it...that works too.

Everybody is different so a simple pm would clear things up quickly.

R.

As long as someone orders something.....I'm happy. :)

I'm thrilled every time I sell any book for any amount of money. For me, this thrill is every bit as much a part of the hobby as collecting, reading, loving my books. I even like it as much as trolling greggy.

trolling greggy :headbang:

To expand on my single-smiley answer above . . . :blush:

I don't mind shipping small orders at all. Over the past 2 weeks, I've had more than 20 of you good fellows purchase books from my threads. The orders ranged from $5 to $150, and put a combined $1,000 or so into my PayPal account! :banana:

I am more than happy to send a $5 book, especially to the folks here who appreciate good comics.

I added some more books to the thread last night (some nice bronze marvels in high-grade), so I am not tired of packaging and shipping yet.

The USPS priority packing supplies (the flat rate boxes and envelopes) help a great deal. Wouldn't be so attractive if we had to run out to an office supply store and pay good money for proper packaging materials.

If the buyer pays the shipping, I am glad to sell the folks on these boards any book. If it was a problem for me, I would set some sort of minimum, but I'm not selling to folks here as a business - and I doubt anyone who would buy a cheaper book and pay the shipping is either. It would have to be for their collection, which makes me doubly happy to go through any hassle it might be to carefully pack up and ship them a book.

One book, two book, three book, four. All are fine, but I prefer more. :P

Andy

Dr. Suess sucks.

Finally...someone other that myself realizes this. :applause:

What's next???...dislike for the Berenstein Bears.... :makepoint:

My kids were wide-eyed everytime I read a Dr. Suess book at bedtime and they were able to recite the rhymes better and sooner than any other book that I would read to them... ;)