• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a general question to anyone selling books here.

29 posts in this topic

As long as someone orders something.....I'm happy. :)

It doesn't take much Chris. :baiting:

Regarding the question by Monstro, if you as a seller are listing single low dollar books then I dont see why it should upset you if you had to mail them all seperately, it doesnt make sense to me but hey if somebody wants just 1 or 2 books out of what you listed then thats how it has to be. That said it is always nice to combine books with future possible sales if the buyer is willing to wait and see what else in offered in the near future.

Not as a way to make them buy more books, but to make shipping worthwhile, especially to and from Canada.

One book, two book, three book, four. All are fine, but I prefer more. :P

Andy

Dr. Suess sucks.

Finally...someone other that myself realizes this. :applause:

What's next???...dislike for the Berenstein Bears.... :makepoint:

My kids were wide-eyed everytime I read a Dr. Suess book at bedtime and they were able to recite the rhymes better and sooner than any other book that I would read to them... ;)

:jokealert:

:makepoint:

One book, two book, three book, four. All are fine, but I prefer more. :P

Andy

Dr. Suess sucks.

Finally...someone other that myself realizes this. :applause:

What's next???...dislike for the Berenstein Bears.... :makepoint:

My kids were wide-eyed everytime I read a Dr. Suess book at bedtime and they were able to recite the rhymes better and sooner than any other book that I would read to them... ;)

:jokealert:

:makepoint:

doh!

I'm happy to send out a single book. And more than willing to let an invoice ride for a while to see if additional books can be added at a later date.

I've had some discouraged buyers who BIN a 5 dollar book hoping to find something something else they want to help offset the shipping. Then they don't and are stuck with paying 10 bucks to ship a 5 dollar POS. I generally give them to option to fuggedaboutit but they rarely do.

I have only sold some stuff on the boards but to me if someone is willing to pay the shipping for one book no big deal. I know I have paid shipping on stuff that cost less than the shipping but it's stuff I want so no big deal.

Personally I think the post office is making a mint on shipping and should never need to raise postage again. But I know that's not going to happen.

it doesn't thrill me to have to pack up one $3 comic..but i guess the solution is to list enough stuff that people will buy more than one

shipping in PM flat rate envelopes has made life a lot easier though.

In my case it has to be above $200 to offset shipping - small orders aren't cost effective.

You're talking free shipping, there, I assume? (shrug)

Not necessarily. When you're talking $15 - $18 to ship a bunch of raw books, that can put a few buyers off...but then I tend to get orders for mid to high range stuff.