• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN #258 CGC 9.8 RARE!!!

52 posts in this topic

C'mon guys. No reason to go off on him like this. He is a fellow board member. And he is entitled to ask whatever he wants for his book. I don't get it.

:blush: Didn't realize he's a fellow boardie . . .

What's the difference?

The only difference, Andrew, is that I'd like to think we give each other a little more leeway. sLiver is a good guy, as is tomega. I've bought plenty of books from both. But I personally find these kind of threads mean-spirited. Just my opinion. That being said, if tomega meant this as just some good-natured razzing then nuff said. No flame war here.

Does tomega collect 9.8 copper X-MEN?

Yes. as well as silver and bronze.

Needs a 9.8 258 does he? :insane:

I believe that the worst place to be buying/investing now and for the future is the late Bronze, Copper and Modern 9.8/9.8 market. Paying even $50 a pop for what will be very common books in the census in a few short years is fools gold. All the money in this area is in selling them early before others get theirs slabbed and to market.

Buying the "only" 9.8 now rests on the assurance that either

1) there wont be more 9.8s coming along, or

2) that there will but there will be lots more people who want them to prop up the demand side of the equation.

I dunno.

I believe that the worst place to be buying/investing now and for the future is the late Bronze, Copper and Modern 9.8/9.8 market. Paying even $50 a pop for what will be very common books in the census in a few short years is fools gold. All the money in this area is in selling them early before others get theirs slabbed and to market.

2) that there will but there will be lots more people who want them to prop up the demand side of the equation.

I dunno.

I think some 9.8's are good but 90% of just a waste of money.

Good-TMc ASM, FM Daredevil, but the Jim Lee X-men way to common.

CGC Census can be misleading sometimes.

Four sales in the last two years.

May-05-2008 $153 Cert# 0123849017

Oct-09-2007 $203

Oct-07-2007 $138 Cert# 0779812006

Jul-22-2007 $287 Cert# 0779812006

Knowing this, the BIN / Best Offer isn't that bad.

I have bought from Mike over the past couple years. He asks top price but he has a real good feel for the copper X-Men market. His books usually are perfectly-centered white pagers so GPA might be lower than what some of the most-demanding collectors are willing to pay. And he usually sells his books for his asking price or close to it so don't be surprised to see this book go for well over $200. He recently sold a couple beautiful 9.9 copper X-Men for well over what prior sales had generated.

I dropped a $75 offer on this book without checking GPA so I didn't realize I was lowballing him. I would not intentionally lowball a board member, especially not one who is a fellow X-Men collector.

I dunno.

Truer words have never been said, or in this case written!! Instead of those copper x-men, just spend your money wisely elsewhere, like the local strip joints!! (thumbs u

Check out this great price and amazing book, the selller does a great job on selling this book. doh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/uncanny-x-men-115-cgc-9-6-cgc-high-grade_W0QQitemZ230305483108QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33826QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

C'mon guys. No reason to go off on him like this. He is a fellow board member. And he is entitled to ask whatever he wants for his book. I don't get it.

:blush: Didn't realize he's a fellow boardie . . .

What's the difference?

The only difference, Andrew, is that I'd like to think we give each other a little more leeway. sLiver is a good guy, as is tomega. I've bought plenty of books from both. But I personally find these kind of threads mean-spirited. Just my opinion. That being said, if tomega meant this as just some good-natured razzing then nuff said. No flame war here.

Completely agree with this, all kidding aside...

I dunno.

I think some 9.8's are good but 90% of just a waste of money.

Good-TMc ASM, FM Daredevil, but the Jim Lee X-men way to common.

CGC Census can be misleading sometimes.

John,

How long have you been collecting? You sound really retarded sometimes.