• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SILVER SURFER #3

29 posts in this topic

Picked up a nice copy of Silver Surver #3, 1st appearance of Mephisto. The one main issue with the book is the spine. The top 1/2 looks square but the bottom 1/2 looks like its been flattened. What kind of grade would you expect to get on a book like this?

3024781709_20869d9693.jpg?v=0

68616.jpg.613b9fb99f16f272f383b011855689f6.jpg

68618.jpg.049f24fc6dfdf7f34830f90ff5cde774.jpg

That back cover looks flawless, as do the edges and corners --- very clean! I think the spine issue can be largely forgiven as a production flaw. These square-bounds had so many issues . . . I think this is an easy 8.5/9.0.

AGREED (thumbs u

Not a big MEPHISTO fan, more of a Silver Surfer fan. I think I'm going to send this one off and see what happens. If I'm not going to read it, I'd rather have it slabbed just for the protection aspect.

Thanks for the grades!

I was thinking this was a pressing issue too. I don't have alot of experience with judging pressed books so I can't tell. I'll probably just mylar it and hold on to it for the time being.