• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what do you Think of this Book?

12 posts in this topic

I just hit the notify moderator button again whooohhahahahahah!!!!! J/K but Arch asked for it when he started that thread 27_laughing.gif. Yeah I'd say I'd rather spend my money on a CGC 9.0 than that restored piece of 9.6 [!@#%^&^]...and I did.

Eric

Check the pic from a "unrestored" 9.9 Hulk 107 he had up a few weeks ago.

I had to resize from 200MB to fit it into the attachment here.

Notice the right hand side.

I cropped the pink border extra close to highlight the trimming of the bottom right side. foreheadslap.gif

Click here for pic to keep the page loading fast

323122-trimed9.9Hulk107x.jpg.1152d36af6818e80d5c8c350de644e36.jpg

That diagonal cut doesn't mean the book was trimmed. You have to have a book in your hand to determine whether or not it's been trimmed post-release. A great number of Silver Age Marvels exhibit the same characteristics as that book.

For example, here's a pair of books from a similar vintage to the Hulk 107 that are not trimmed, but sport radically different dimensions and shapes. They're lined up at the left edge.

shield4Thumb.jpg" height="295" width="200

They just had terrible quality control.

None of which is to say comic-key's book was or wasn't trimmed, of course. That's a whole 'nother thing entirely 893whatthe.gif

Given the history here, I think it's best to assume the worst on a ultra-high grade raw book.

If he (or anyone else) thinks they have a 9.9 or 9.8, they should get it slabbed.

I have a Tales to Astonish 93 (Silver Surfer) that might be a 9.6, but it has that diagonal cut.

I was afraid of sending it in to CGC out of the fear of getting a PLOD. frown.gif

I'll have to look it over carefully and see if I should put it with my next submission I plan to send in next week.

edit: My TtA 93 will probably be 9.2/9.4 due to a small back cover crease.

Looks 9.4/9.6 from the front... 893frustrated.gif

I was afraid of sending it in to CGC out of the fear of getting a PLOD. frown.gif

I'll have to look it over carefully and see if I should put it with my next submission I plan to send in next week.

What does PLOD stand for? Purple Label Of Doom?

What does PLOD stand for? Purple Label Of Doom?

I thought it was" purple lable of death"