• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Many O' High Grade Slabs for Sale! BA and SA - Marvel and DC

98 posts in this topic

Frankenstein #2...9.6 White pages....$80

I love this cover, I actually, really don't mind keeping this one.

Frankenstein2nm001.jpg

:takeit:

pm sent

This really, really is a great cover. (worship)

Monsters on the Prowl...9.8 oww...The only one....$190

MOP26nmm001.jpg

WOW :o

:takeit:

:golfclap:

I was wondering when this was going to get picked up, simply amazing book!

congratulations joeypost

Stunning set of books Mike! (worship)

Thanks.

Some I've had a while. A lot are from the infamous "Headband Dude" in Chicago. I was lucky enough to get there before most of the other savy forumites, but didn't have dep enough pockets to buy more. Many of the BA Horror are from the collection of Gene Carpenter. And yes, some have been pressed.

Update and :bump:

Amazing Spider-Man #113...9.0 oww...$65 $60

X-Men #9 ...8.0 ow...$300 $280

X-Men #94...8.5 White!...$425 $400

Avengers #99...9.6 oww...$300

Avengers #122...9.6 oww...$100 $90

Adventure #367...8.0 White... Neal Adams cover...$45 $40

Adventure Comics #368...8.5 White Pages!...Neal Adams cover...$50 $40

Adventure Comics #369...9.6 White pages!...Neal Adams cover and Top Census...$400

Adventure Comics #371...9.4 White pages!... Neal Adams cover... $225 $200

Adventure Comics #377...9.6 White Pages!...Neal Adams Cover and Top Census...$300

Adventure Comics #375...9.8 oww...Neal Adams Cover and Top Census....$750

Tomb of Dracula #19...9.8 oww....$200 $180

Tomb of Dracula #9...9.8 oww...$300 $275

Tomb of Dracula #1...9.6 White pages!....$600 $550

Green Lantern #77...8.5 oww...$70 $65

Flash #139...8.5 oww...First Reverse Flash...$425 $400

Batman #244...9.4 oww...$300

Conan #24 ...9.4 oww....$120 $110

Li'l Kids #8...9.2 White Pages....Scarce Marvel picture frame cover $200

Weird Western Tales #20... 9.6 White pages....$125

Jungle Action #5...9.6 oww..Top Census, date stamp on bc...$175

Marvel Spotlight #8...9.8 White...$495

Marvel Feature #11...9.6 oww...$395 $365

Sub-Mariner Picture Frames #52...9.8 ow, #55...9.6 oww, #56...9.8 oww.....lot price $1000

Important information:

I am pro-pressing. To me it is the same as simply placing the book in optimal storage conditions, thus improving the book’s state of preservation and technical grade. No different then storing the book in less than favorable conditions which result in defects that lessen the state of preservation and grade of the book.

I press comics that I think can benefit from the process, and have achieved some nice results. As a result, some of my inventory has been pressed. I do not ask other sellers about pressing when I buy books from them, so I only know the history of books in which I have done myself. There is also the possibility that if I have multiples of a comic, such as a modern, that I will loose track of which books have been pressed.

It is my opinion that pressing is an accepted practice with in the hobby and a very noninvasive procedure when done correctly. It is also my opinion that selling CGC graded blue label comics without proactive disclosure is the current accepted standard in the hobby. However, it is not my intention or desire to sell anyone a book which they may consider undesirable, but I do think people should take responsibility for themselves. If you have a desire for any reason to know if a book has been pressed, please ask before buying.

I realize some people may be unaware about pressing, which is why I have added this information to my sales threads. If you are unaware of what pressing is, there is an abundance of information out there on the subject.

The MS 5 is gone? :cry:

I feel the same way. That is my favorite BA Marvel. That is a tight 9.0 too. It was also part of my first ever submission to CGC. :(

I'm hoping to get a oww 9.2 or 9.4 eventually.