• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

questions on two modern variants

10 posts in this topic

Can someone give me an idea of what the variant Adventurers books are going for,please?

Also,Solson put out a how to draw Ninja Turtles book around 1987. The first several hundred books were printed with only two colors instead of the normal four. Is this book have any value or demand that anyone knows of? I believe this was one of the first licsensed Turtle books if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

There were two covers. Might have been the first book that had two different covers. I don't remember being solicted for the seperate covers and didn't realize it until after the books were on the shelves. The artist Peter Hsu(?) was hot at one point.book slightly preceeded the BW explosion/inplosion era and was superior to most similar product.

When Turtlemania nostalgia hits in the next few years, that book might get cover price. Believe it or not,Turtle books like this used to outsell most DCs in my store. When Archie took over publishing is when the bottom fell out.

On an interesting sidenote- a little known company named Dark Horse was among the first to license Turtle stuff. They made a series of small metal figures that I guess brought in enough cash to begin publishing their own comics. Been years since I've seen any of these figures for sale at shows.

they made those little metal figures, right? And Cerebus too....right?

and Judge Dredd, long before the movie/

i don't remember any ceebus figures but I believe yuo might be right on the Dredd ones. It's been many years since I've seen them, I still have some of the Turtles stuff, just never een it for sale anywhere.