• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally!!! My little boy and I read comics together!

35 posts in this topic

My son is 4, and hates my comics. :) I think he's jealous that I'm always neglecting him for them. He can read now, and is reading all sorts of stuff. No comics yet, though.

with kids and adults, there is a fine line between love and hate. Give him time. :)

I passed some comics down to my older son when he was 12...he read them and kept them in great shape. He recently told me they were boring. Now he reads....books! :banana:

My youngest son is fascinated w/ Venom and the symbiotes, and he loved the Secret Invasion arc.

:) very cool.

My little boy told me last night he wants to collect the plastic books (those would be the CGC cases). doh! I suggested to him he start with ones he could read..

Last night for story time, my little boy and I read comics together!! It was fantastic, his little sister even had to get involved, not wanting to be left out.

We read several Neal Adams Superman's, of course. It was one of those surreal moments when you see your passions/hobby being passed on to the next generation.

Anyone else remember this moment?

:cloud9:

Great story. Kids take all of our time and patience and money but all that becomes irrelevant once you can share time like this between each other.

:golfclap:

R.

My stepgirls love when I have a comic that I want to toss out. They have contests trying to figure out the most creative way to destroy it. I think Hailey was the winner once when she took a Combat Kelly outside and rubbed it in the neighbors dog shlt. It was a special moment of comic bonding.

My stepgirls love when I have a comic that I want to toss out. They have contests trying to figure out the most creative way to destroy it. I think Hailey was the winner once when she took a Combat Kelly outside and rubbed it in the neighbors dog shlt. It was a special moment of comic bonding.

lol

Ne'er a dull moment with Big J in the house.

Do your girls baby sit?

:wishluck:

Last night for story time, my little boy and I read comics together!! It was fantastic, his little sister even had to get involved, not wanting to be left out.

We read several Neal Adams Superman's, of course. It was one of those surreal moments when you see your passions/hobby being passed on to the next generation.

Just saw this, My son is only 6 months so I have a few years. Till then I am happy with reading Archie, Disney, and Wonderwoman with Ellen.

She keeps asking about the adds though and wants to buy the dog in a teacup.

doh!

Just saw this, My son is only 6 months so I have a few years. Till then I am happy with reading Archie, Disney, and Wonderwoman with Ellen.

She keeps asking about the adds though and wants to buy the dog in a teacup.

doh!

Talking about ads, mine wants a Sea Monkey!!

From first reading of comics with my children to their first convention!!

Taking the little man and little girl to the Saturday Charlotte Convention! Can't wait, probably lots of screaming and don't touch that, but hoping for a great time.

Unfortunatley they only seem to be into Pokeman and Bakugon's but maybe we can influence them a bit.